Brobucker praise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brobucker praise

Who here still has the original forum pickup?

I. didn’t get in on the group order, but I was able to send the OEM pickup from my Parker Fly Deluxe to MJ for her magical, tone adjustment.

She had already rewound pickups for this guitar when my BIL had it. It was still a bit bright for my taste, so I asked if she’d rewind another one to Brobucker specs.

Over time, that pickup has gotten warmer and richer sounding. I used this guitar again yesterday. It sounds amazingly good.

Again, who else still plays the Brobucker? Report!
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Re: Brobucker praise

i still have one and two others that i coil swapped so i have a double cream double screw thats 9.6k (a2 magnet) and a double black double stud (stock magnet) they are all great. the double screw a2 is in one of my main guitars, the double stud is in a telegib, the normal bro is in a washburn wms

Comment

I keep thinking about ordering a Brobucker. I have the Gibson 498T along with a Duncan 59n in my SG. The 498T is ALMOST what I am after, but it can be a tiny bit harsh and does not have the best clean tone. Right now, I am using it with an unoriented A5 magnet to shave off a little of that harsh high end, but that makes it a little less "open" sounding and rounds it off a hair too much. I get almost all of my pickups used online, so its killing me thinking about letting go of that much money for a custom shop model. I probably wouldn't regret it.

Comment

I never tried my Brobucker in longer scale guitars like strat. In my Les Paul it was always like having not enough cut and agility. I sold it at the end of the day.
        The other mistake i made in these days was not swapping a Distortion and a Custom into a Les Paul. Listen and learn.
        I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

i loved the stock bro in my lp special i had for a while. was damn near perfect into the fender amps i use, obviously amp has a lot to do with what works well

Comment

The Brobucker is a nice PU, it really needs to be in regular production.
            "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
            "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
            "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Fantastic pickup in korina. Great in a Les Paul too.
              I've been meaning to have my extra JB rewound to Brobucker specs for use in a maple-capped DGT.
              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I had one but after the original run. What a great pickup. Once I end up officially owning my buddy's Les Paul I've had for the last 5 years or so, I may just get one for the bridge slot.

Comment

Do it!

Teknon Theou
                  Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Still enjoying the Brobucker.

OTOH, I have a Crazy 8 sitting in a box. I guess I should sell it.

Teknon Theou

Comment

I bought Gearjoner's Brobucker a few years back. The Brobucker one of several 'PAF' flavors that I will never get rid of. Almost want to have MJ make a custom neck pair for it.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                        I bought Gearjoner's Brobucker a few years back. The Brobucker one of several 'PAF' flavors that I will never get rid of. Almost want to have MJ make a custom neck pair for it.
                        Almost?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                          Almost?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
                          Looks at wallet...

Comment

been trying to find the right neck for mine. I bought a used original run on here and love it. Definitely a keeper.

Comment

Seth or Antiquity would work fine. Custom shop could make an exact matching EQ neck for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X