Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unpotted vs. potted

So what's the diff?

And ya think an unpotted aph-1 is a good idea?
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Re: unpotted vs. potted

Originally posted by korovamilkdud
    So what's the diff?

And ya think an unpotted aph-1 is a good idea?

an unpotted pickup has a slightly deeper bass, and a more complex/3D midrange...

as for an unpotted APH-1, it's up to you...if you don't go crazy with the gain and/or don't mind the feedback go for it! Thefeedback is not to bad but it will feedback more that a potted version.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
      an unpotted pickup has a slightly deeper bass, and a more complex/3D midrange...
      That's very interesting. I didn't think it had any effect on tone. Maybe I should try an unpotted Invader.
      I have guitars and amps.

Comment

Originally posted by RiffGuy
        That's very interesting. I didn't think it had any effect on tone. Maybe I should try an unpotted Invader.
        Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
        Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
        Originally posted by Sosomething
        "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Originally posted by RiffGuy

I have a feeing that not potting an over wound/super hot pickup like an Invader might not be any different that a potted one. The tonal changes from potted to not potted are pretty subtle and I just have a feeling that you might never notice it on an Invader.
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
          X