banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duncan custom in the bridge, but what in the neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan custom in the bridge, but what in the neck?

Hey everyone,
    I've got a Jackson DKMGT series with passive EMGs in it. Very lifeless pickups. I'm in search of replacement pickups that will give me both a newer rock tone as well as a more classic high-gain lead tone (think of Slash playing through his neck pickup ...that's what i'm going for). I've got my sights set on a Duncan Custom in the bridge and a '59 in the neck. Is this a good match? if not, what will work better in the neck? I've decided to go with something a little more vintage for versatility reasons. Any help is much appreciated, whether professional or from just personal experience. Thanks a lot everyone.

alder body, flame top, maple fretboard.

Re: Duncan custom in the bridge, but what in the neck?

Well, the A2P is probably the obvious choice for Slash neck tones, but the Custom Custom could also probably do some good there. I like the neck version of the Distortion. It's higher gain -- and so fscking loud that I have mount it pretty much flush with the guitar to balance with my Custom -- but it's got great personality and retains it's clarity even under extreme gain.
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by misocainea
      Hey everyone,
      I've got a Jackson DKMGT series with passive EMGs in it. Very lifeless pickups. I'm in search of replacement pickups that will give me both a newer rock tone as well as a more classic high-gain lead tone (think of Slash playing through his neck pickup ...that's what i'm going for). I've got my sights set on a Duncan Custom in the bridge and a '59 in the neck. Is this a good match? if not, what will work better in the neck? I've decided to go with something a little more vintage for versatility reasons. Any help is much appreciated, whether professional or from just personal experience. Thanks a lot everyone.

alder body, flame top, maple fretboard.
      if you like slash the alnico II pro is what he uses
      1957 RI gibson historic black beauty lester(DD/JAZZ)
      2003 gibson zakk wylde custom shop lester (stock EMG)
      1996 gibson lester custom(DD/59 neck)
      1997 fender lone star (DD TB-6/duckbucker/lil 59)
      Marshall ZW 2203 100 watt top
      5150 block letter head
      4 1960B marshall cabs

Comment

a custom/aph-1 combo is tons of fun. I use it. It'll nail your Slash tones.
        Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
        Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
        Originally posted by Sosomething
        "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

awesome, thanks a lot everyone...I think I'll look into the alnico II.

Comment

The 59 would be a good choice.
            Jackson, Crate, Ovation, Mogami, Dunlop, BOSS, GHS.

Comment

Working...
            X