banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First live clips of the new SNS Set in the AE 185.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First live clips of the new SNS Set in the AE 185.

Through the PRS MT 15 gain channel only effects are a Verb and delay in the loop and never hit the channel switch.
    The PRS MT 15 in particular seems to play well with these pickups. Offers just incredible feel dynamics and touch sensitivity from this guitar/ pickup/ amp combo!!
    Last edited by Ascension; 02-02-2020, 10:29 PM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Re: First live clips of the new SNS Set in the AE 185.

The MT 15 running clean here with the boost on and running a Keeler Push OD with the gain very low for just a little "hair". Dynamics, clarity and touch sensitivity with the Saturday Night Specials is just amazing here!! Running straight magnetic pickups no Pizio and no coil splits on this guitar so this is all full on SNS humbuckers here.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

The guitar tone works very well with that song. I enjoyed that performance.

Comment

No mistaking that A4.
        The things that you wanted
        I bought them for you

Comment

That sounded fantastic!
          Those pickups clean up extremely well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
            That sounded fantastic!
            Those pickups clean up extremely well.
            Agreed on the cleaning up well. Was surprise how clear and defined they are without being harsh and stringy sounding when you lighten up on touch and back off some gain by rolling the guitar volume back at high gain. Also like that distinctive but subtle kind of a cocked wah slightly hollow tone with gain from a semi hollow like the AE coming through with them. Kinda like that old Ted Nugent Birdland tone. Really shows up in this clip from Sunday.
            Last edited by Ascension; 02-03-2020, 12:14 PM.
            Guitars

Comment

I really like the clean with mild OD. A great tone and fits the song well. Nicely done!
              “The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.” - Edward Van Halen

Comment

Originally posted by dotsdad View Post
                I really like the clean with mild OD. A great tone and fits the song well. Nicely done!
                Thanks for that set man they were an absolute home run for this guitar. Pulled the Sentient Hybrid out of the AE and dropped them in my ST 300. Really woke that guitar up also and made it much more usable.
                Guitars

Comment

Great sound!! I have a set of SNS in an SG and I love them. Very versatile, and pair well with various amps. They can do clean (as evidenced in your clips) wonderfully, and can get really dirty, too.

I have an Epiphone dot that I want to put Seth Lovers in, and I'm extremely torn about putting the saturday night specials in it, too. I love duncan pickups, but these are my fast favorites.

Comment

Working...
                  X