banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lil Screamin Demon switching with Dimarzio EP1111 help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Screamin Demon switching with Dimarzio EP1111 help.

Hi all!
    I have a Lil Screamin Demon in neck on my Charvel and I cant figure out how to wire this so I get full humbucker in third position and the neck parallell or split in the middle position with the Dimarzio EP111 3 way switch. In first position it is full bridge humbucker-
    Anyone familiar with how to wire this switch?

Re: Lil Screamin Demon switching with Dimarzio EP1111 help.

What other pickups do you have in the guitar

Comment

EVH Wolfgang in bridge.

Comment

Thank you for your effort but the EP1111 have actually 12 connection points instead of 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Fretter View Post
          Thank you for your effort but the EP1111 have actually 12 connection points instead of 6.
          Ah, so that Dimarzio switch is a 4 pole, not a 3 pole.? No problem, i will post an updated diagram shortly.
          Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
            Ah, so that Dimarzio switch is a 4 pole, not a 3 pole.? No problem, i will post an updated diagram shortly.
            Great!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	4E3BABFA-8FB3-4A8C-8CFF-D0476F19722E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	5818453

This should work. Up - lil screamin demon series; Center - lil screamin demon parallel; Down - EVH series.

I color coded it for the position. There are two styles of on/on/on but this one should be the one Dimarzio exclusively uses. If you follow the path, (ground)-G-R-W-B-Out for series and (ground)-G-R-Out and (ground)-W-B-Out for parallel, it will work. I don’t know what color codes the EVH pickup uses so that Bridge Black should just be whatever wire is hot on that pickup, with the series junction (coil finish leads) connected together.

Comment

That switch is a pain in the ass. But it does a lot of amazing things.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtomecha View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]103715[/ATTACH]

This should work. Up - lil screamin demon series; Center - lil screamin demon parallel; Down - EVH series.

I color coded it for the position. There are two styles of on/on/on but this one should be the one Dimarzio exclusively uses. If you follow the path, (ground)-G-R-W-B-Out for series and (ground)-G-R-Out and (ground)-W-B-Out for parallel, it will work. I don’t know what color codes the EVH pickup uses so that Bridge Black should just be whatever wire is hot on that pickup, with the series junction (coil finish leads) connected together.
                  If you want the center to be a split coil instead, just ground the neck green and shield elsewhere and don’t ground that one switch contact. Then in the center position, it will only output the neck coil of the lil screamin demon and the other coil won’t sound because of a lack of ground. It’s probably best practice to not ground the lil screamin demon to that contact either way, in case you want to use a pull/push pot to switch ground on or off to that contact. It won’t affect the neck humbucking mode, but you’ll get the option of parallel or single in center position of the ep1111. Click image for larger version

Name:	473A9985-60B4-48F5-9978-3D7DD67EDF96.jpg
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	5818454

Comment

Ahhhhh, i did not get that the OP wanted to use the Dimarzio switch for *both* pickups. Thanks for helping out BowToMecha!

Take a look at the Dimarzio authored schematic that i found for that switch - see below. It shows that the lugs on the sides opposite of what your drawing has, are "up" and "down" but i believe OP can handle that just by rotating the switch around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.png
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	5818457
                    Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 03-11-2020, 11:10 PM.
                    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Wow! So many suggestions! I will try them out and let you know how it works out.
                      Thanks!

Comment

I used this one and it really gave me what I wanted.
                        Thank you so much for your time and help!

Comment

Originally posted by Fretter View Post
                          I used this one and it really gave me what I wanted.
                          Thank you so much for your time and help!
                          Oh good it worked lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X