No announcement yet.

BareKnuckle Juggernaut WEAK? Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BareKnuckle Juggernaut WEAK? Help!!!

Originally posted by BossRoss View Post
    This is using the bareknuckle wiring diagram. Only difference is I soldered the cap on top of the tone instead of running it straight to the volume.
    Is that your current wiring configuration?

Can you upload a bigger and/or clearer pic?

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
      On BareKnuckles:

Black and white are the start/end of the screw coil

Red and green are the start/end of the slug coil

You won't get a reading using black and red unless the green and white are tied together to complete the circuit
      That's what the problem was. The green and white were not tied together. Soldered them and taped them up. Now it's working. Thanks for the help!!

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Comment

Turns out it was the white and green wires were not soldered together. Thanks everyone for helping me out. They sound pretty good but think I should have went for the Alpha Omega pick-ups. So if anyone has a set and wants to trade holler

Comment

Turns out it was the white and green wires were not soldered together. Thanks everyone for helping me out. They sound pretty good but think I should have went for the Alpha Omega pick-ups. So if anyone has a set and wants to trade holler

Why do you think that? The alpha/omega set is just as clean and not high output as the juggernaut.

Just curious, but what is it that you actually want? Blowing out money like there's no tomorrow is always fun, but what is it that you exactly desire?

Comment

While I do think the Alpha/Omegas are a bit more aggressive than the Juggernauts (I have the A/O set in all of my main guitars), I think the bigger issue here is your amp. You're gonna have a tough time trying to get tones like Periphery and similar bands go for with a Blackstar. You need an amp that's a gain monster; those pickups do metal well because their frequency response and lower output keeps clarity in the tone despite all of that gain. You also need to pick HARD with those pickups to get the most out of them: they're meant to be very dynamic.

Comment

Originally posted by bloughlin16 View Post
              While I do think the Alpha/Omegas are a bit more aggressive than the Juggernauts (I have the A/O set in all of my main guitars), I think the bigger issue here is your amp. You're gonna have a tough time trying to get tones like Periphery and similar bands go for with a Blackstar. You need an amp that's a gain monster; those pickups do metal well because their frequency response and lower output keeps clarity in the tone despite all of that gain. You also need to pick HARD with those pickups to get the most out of them: they're meant to be very dynamic.
              I have a 5150 III. I just use the blackstar for testing stuff out while I'm hooking up pick-ups and what not. What kind of tone cap do you run in your guitars? Do you use a treble bleed also?

Comment

I have a 5150 III. I just use the blackstar for testing stuff out while I'm hooking up pick-ups and what not. What kind of tone cap do you run in your guitars? Do you use a treble bleed also?

tone caps and treble bleeds only do something when you roll down the tone pot and volume pot, respectively. You just got the wrong pickup for the job. It's like trying to screw down a phillips with a flat head. It will work, but not well. It's not (just) the amp, if what goes into it is meh. You can't make a great steak with mincemeat. The latter will make for a great bolognese but not a steak. Get the right tool for the job (and I still don't know what 'job' that is in your case).

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
                  tone caps and treble bleeds only do something when you roll down the tone pot and volume pot, respectively. You just got the wrong pickup for the job. It's like trying to screw down a phillips with a flat head. It will work, but not well. It's not (just) the amp, if what goes into it is meh. You can't make a great steak with mincemeat. The latter will make for a great bolognese but not a steak. Get the right tool for the job (and I still don't know what 'job' that is in your case).
                  Lol. Great analogy. I do more hard rock type music. Not a lot of leads just rythym playing mainly. I might put a push pull in so I can get those cleans a little more. Also they may sound better in a different guitar. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
                    Why do you think that? The alpha/omega set is just as clean and not high output as the juggernaut.

Just curious, but what is it that you actually want? Blowing out money like there's no tomorrow is always fun, but what is it that you exactly desire?
                    I have a tele with a stacked Seymour Duncan 59. Love that sound. Just looking for something with more clarity and again I guess

Comment

a stacked '59? Doesn't exist. I think you mean lil '59, which is a singlecoil sized humbucker. Totally different things. Regardless, I understand your desire now better and the Jug seems to fit that bill on first glance, but it does not. Makes sense: the lil59 induces much higher than the Jug, despite the three magnets in the juggernaut.

More clarity and gain? Within the Duncan lineup I'd say, the Pegasus, Perpetual Burn, Saturday Night Live. In that order. Within the BKP lineup: Nailbomb alnico V, Ragnarok (though slightly warmer than the others I mention), Emerald, Black Dog.

But that's just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
                      X