Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups for Ash Body

Hi,
    Im looking for a new set of humbuckers. I was looking for the set JB/Jazz, but i was told that they are not that good for ash body...
    First of all, is it true ?
    And what would you suggest?
    I have an esp horizon custom shop 2003.
    I play hard rock, some blues or heavy metal. I like to be versatile.
    Thanks

Re: Pickups for Ash Body

welcome to the forum!

the first jb/jazz set was in an ash tele so those pups can work fine in ash. what kind of tones do you want to get?

Comment

Im looking for some balance tone. I like note séparation and when i want clean well its clean. I had some active emg wich was great with overdrive but in clean mode there was alwas a little distorsion in the tone.i was looking for the jazz in the neck for my clean tone and blues tone when i put some overdrive on.
      JB on the bridge for rock or heavy metal. There is so much choices in the market well its almost impossible to know them all even with the specs...
      I think JB/jazz its a versatile set for any kind of music?

Comment

JB/Jazz is a solid choice.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
        "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

The JB/Jazz is great for any music that would require Marshall-levels of gain, or higher. I don't think the JB works so well for cleaner sounds. In other words, the JB/Jazz does one hell of a trick, but it isn't that versatile if your style depends on dynamic clean sounds. The problem is the JB, as it can feel compressed and slams the input of the amp too hard (for some styles).
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

i wouldnt use the jb by itself for clean tones but the neck or the bridge/neck combined sound fine to me clean

Comment

I think that the JB split does great clean tones. I bet wiring in that, or a parallel option would be a good choice.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

JB split has a really nice single-coil-esque tone. One of the best for a split humbucker, actually

Comment

The JB is my favorite bridge clean tone. It doesn't have to be either ultra vintage or oh no there's slight breakup in the clean signal so better put the distortion box on 10.
                  The things that you wanted
                  I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                    JB split has a really nice single-coil-esque tone. One of the best for a split humbucker, actually
                    Yes.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

You might also consider the sh6/59 combo.

But there's nothing wrong with the jb in an ash body.
                      Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by Steven84 View Post
                        Hi,
                        I was looking for the set JB/Jazz, but i was told that they are not that good for ash body...
                        First of all, is it true ?
                        not true

Comment

JB-Jazz set was firstly created for a ash body guitar. The set has been known for its versatility since. I'd say use 250k pots for more controlled highs especially in split mode.

Comment

Working...
                          X