banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Seymour Duncan Stacked p90 fit to 72 Telecaster Deluxe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Seymour Duncan Stacked p90 fit to 72 Telecaster Deluxe?

Recently, I installed Gibson p90 into my 72 telecaster deluxe model.
    To be exact, it is not the 72-telecaster deluxe but the fender Chris Schiflett Signature model.
    With the exception of pickup and fretboard, the specifications are almost identical to the 72 Telecaster deluxe model.
    Originally It has a duncan 59/JB set.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KakaoTalk_20200314_195605131.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	5853645
    Click image for larger version

Name:	KakaoTalk_20200314_195605749.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	5853646

I was satisfied with the P90 sound, but the noise bothers me.

The Gibson p90 doesn't feel very bright, unlike SD Antiquity or any other boutique brand P90s.
    I've used Gibson P-100 on other guitars, but as many people say, I didn't feel much different from P-90.

Therefore, I don't think the loss of the high-end due to the Hum-canceling will be a big problem for me.
    So I want to get peace of mind by purchasing SD Stacked p90.

The question is whether the SD Stacked P90 will fit enough into the route because it is higher than the normal p90.

I measured the depth of the pickup route when I replacing the pick-up, and it was about 20mm
    Including the pickguard, the total was 22mm from the floor.
    Stacked p90 is marked 1.092 inches = 27.7mm in spec sheet.
    Therefore, I expect the pickup to be 5mm up from the pickgard, including the cover.

When I installed the Gibson P90 and set it up to make the sound I wanted, it was 5mm up from the pickard.
    Neck pickup should be much lower than this, so I'm considering digging deeper into my route to use it.
    However, since additional routing is something that causes a permanent change, I want to know if it is possible to set it up as it is.

If you have any experience with the SD Stacked P90 for the 72 Deluxe Telecaster, please share your experience.

Re: Is Seymour Duncan Stacked p90 fit to 72 Telecaster Deluxe?

You have to add some mm for the pup cable coming out of the bottom. In the old times they had just a open channel in the midst of the pup route.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Re: Is Seymour Duncan Stacked p90 fit to 72 Telecaster Deluxe?

It is expected that the thickness of the wire will have only little effect as the P90 stack has some more screws under the plate.
      (The spec sheet shows the size considering the screw below the plate. I also referred to it.)
      Another advantage is that the original route is a widerange style that is wider than the standard humbucker.
      However, it is considered a situation to be considered if the pick-up reaches the floor.
      Thank you for your good advice.

Comment

Did the p-90 stack fit in your tele? I am wondering the same thing. I have a feeling this might be a problem for tele’s. I don’t think I have found any examples of this pickup in a tele, only in Gibsons.

Comment

Working...
        X