Installation of Jazz Model SH-2n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation of Jazz Model SH-2n

Hi - I am quite clueless, and would really appreciate some help on installing a new SD Jazz model pickup -

This is a washburn hollow body guitar with f-holes. Each of the 2 humbuckers currently in it has its own volume and tone knob.

The factory pickup I'm taking out of the neck position of the washburn has two wires coming from it, enclosed in a single sheath (one wire has its own sheath inside, the other does not). Each wire is connected to a different part of the volume pot.

My question is:
    Which 2 wires (or combinations of wires) on from the SD pickup do I attach to which positions on the volume pot?

thanks in advance,

Aengus.

Re: Installation of Jazz Model SH-2n

welcome to the forum,

The four conductors on most SD PUs are for "fancy" wiring (coil split, etc.).
    For regular wiring, just follow this diagram:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website...1hum_1vol.html

Comment

Cheers,

I was getting confused by

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

since the guitar has 2 pu, 2 vol, 2 tone - but of course most of that wiring is already done...

Aengus.

Comment

In this case:

This is you

Comment

Thanks....

now if I could only remember which way the plastic pickup frame was oriented. Is this standard? Does anyone know the pickup frame usually get thinner towards the neck or towards the bridge?

Aengus.

Comment

Originally posted by aengus
            Thanks....

now if I could only remember which way the plastic pickup frame was oriented. Is this standard? Does anyone know the pickup frame usually get thinner towards the neck or towards the bridge?

Aengus.
            It's thicker towards the bridge, at least it is on my LP, It'll probably be fine the other way, but it would look kinda odd...
            "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

Cool thanks - that makes sense because the pickup is made more parallel with the strings that way.

Aengus.

Comment

Working...
              X