• Show
Clear All

• Zerberus
    replied
    Re: The infamous Duncan Custom!

Originally posted by papersoul

Thanks guys and sorry for everything.
    1. You´re welcome.

2. Really, be assured, there´s nothing to be sorry for. We were all just ****in´ around, I seriously doubt that anybody was ever (honestly and seriously) mad, irritated, or Ill-willed towards you.

But every so often, we just gotta **** with somebody´s head, just keeps us sane. You just gave us the chance, thanks for that

*Edit* Oh, and sorry for not warning you beforehand
    Last edited by Zerberus; 04-19-2004, 03:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• papersoul
    replied

Well, I have to apologize because how many times can you ask the same questions...right? Lately it's been easier to evaluate pickups since our band is getting more regular gigs and more regular practice.

I have to say I only changed my name on the board because I had issues with the old account once the new board activated. A few others had the same problem.

I think a lot of my problem is just confidence and I never trusted myself with a lot of this stuff and never trusted my own ears so I would always ask the same questions. I finally got the nerve up to do some soldering and should be doing some more shortly which is a BIG help. Now I am able to swap my own p'ups and report the results rather than asking 900 questions!

I have always had confidence issues and I think that is at the root of this. I constantly ask the same questions when the answers are most likely in front of me. In turn I could make my own judgment calls and report them on the board for others to learn. So, I am trying to change.

Currently, I have the C-5 in my LP and have had two gigs and several rehearsals with this guitar. I have a Rio BBQ going in tonight or tomorrow. I'll keep that in through a few rehearsals and at least one gig. I am also trying to get a Custom off eBay and also an Air Zone on recommendation. I'll report detailed results.

Thanks guys and sorry for everything.
    Last edited by papersoul; 04-19-2004, 03:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Radeon
    replied

I didnt think so but this is the first of what comes close to a flame I have seen on this board. Hey RG thanks for correcting me on the Dimarzio pickup I appreciate it. You right on when you say if your familiar with the subject.

Leave a comment:

• RG 2570
    replied

Originally posted by Radeon
    Boy you folks can be a rough crowd if you like. HMMMMMM but I hope this is all in fun????? it sure seems like it.
    yeah we are just messing around there is no ill intent meant to papersoul

but it is very easy to poke fun at this subject if you are familar with it.

Leave a comment:

• Radeon
    replied

Boy you folks can be a rough crowd if you like. HMMMMMM but I hope this is all in fun????? it sure seems like it.

Leave a comment:

• RG 2570
    replied

Originally posted by walt
    Hey where did papersoul go?? Don't tell me he went back underground only to resurface as another Enity (GOD PLEASE NO!!!!). Is anyone keeping track of how many ID's he has to date. I only remember the following: RICH, METAL RICH, PAPERSOUL.
    hey walt i was wondering could ya help me out? i have a BBQ and a custom 5 i like the warmth of the BBQ but dont know if i should go with a custom or get another BBQ? or should i just keep using the custom 5 and keep asking a milllion and one questions about the custom compared to the BBQ and custom 5?
    or should i get another BBQ and keep wondering if i would like the custom? or should i sell the BBQ and get a custom and wish i had my BBQ back?

sorry paper soul but my dog just died and i feel mean today!

Leave a comment:

• RG 2570
    replied

Hey where did papersoul go?? Don't tell me he went back underground only to resurface as another Enity (GOD PLEASE NO!!!!). Is anyone keeping track of how many ID's he has to date. I only remember the following: RICH, METAL RICH, PAPERSOUL.
    he has come back as "ICANTDECIDERIOBBQORCUSTOM5ORCUSTOM"
    you want to hear something really funny? my friend told me he was asking about the custom a few years back on duncans old board A FEW YEARS AGO! JUST BUY THE DAMN THING! :r

Leave a comment:

• Marcel
    replied

Originally posted by Duke of Metal
    Hey guys,
    I know this may have been asked a whole bunch of times but I just wanted to comfirm things on my side.

The Duncan Custom SH-5 has pretty clear sound/tone under highgain? and how crunchy does it get with the Custom?

any other info would help.

thanks,
    Duke
    I had the Custom in my axe and it is very crunchy imo. Much more that the JB. but i like the JB more.

Leave a comment:

• Duke of Metal
    replied

Hey guys,
    I know this may have been asked a whole bunch of times but I just wanted to comfirm things on my side.

The Duncan Custom SH-5 has pretty clear sound/tone under highgain? and how crunchy does it get with the Custom?

any other info would help.

thanks,
    Duke

Leave a comment:

• walt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• motorhead
    replied

Originally posted by RG 2570
    I feel bad for him you know?
    somebody send him a complimentry custom!

Nice Flame Ibanez-Rg!

Leave a comment:

• RG 2570
    replied

Originally posted by Zerberus
    Dude, Im just sitting here laughing with everyone else, nothin to be sorry for IMO
    I feel bad for him you know?
    somebody send him a complimentry custom!

Leave a comment:

• Zerberus
    replied

Dude, Im just sitting here laughing with everyone else, nothin to be sorry for IMO

Leave a comment:

• RG 2570
    replied

Originally posted by Zerberus
    You mean all we had to do was get Lew or Blackrose to try and sell him a Duncan?
    I am sorry man, but it is sad/humorous that he was just going by a store owners
    opinion,most store guys i know DONT KNOW JACK about good tone! they recomend line 6 and EMG hz's!

the air zone would probaby make him S**T his pants if he tried it!

Leave a comment:

• \m/(00)\m/
    replied

Maybe the good pickup fairy will drop one of each off for him!! (can you picture Seymour in a pink too-too and a magic wand??)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X