• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RG 2570
    replied
    Re: The infamous Duncan Custom!

Originally posted by papersoul
    I wanted to see if anyone could persuade me into buying a Duncan Custom before I take the plunge and get another Rio Grande BBQ. I found a local shop with a good deal on the Rio set, but there is still something I like about the C-5 in my LP. It's just not quite there....not as fat or thick as I like. The only thing that has kept me from the Custom is the ceramic bar thinking it take away warmth and a good clean tone and maybe not have the fat bass response of the BBQ.
    hey man have you tried a air zone? it is a fat paf tone,real warm and friendly and uses a alnico 5

Leave a comment:

• RG 2570
    replied

Yes, those Wolfgang pickups are great but in the Wolf I found the whole combo bright and not nearly as smooth and warm as others I've tried.
    yeah it really is a matter of taste which is why i said what i said about just trying this custom model yourself ? it seems to be haunting/tormenting you

Leave a comment:

• papersoul
    replied

Yes, those Wolfgang pickups are great but in the Wolf I found the whole combo bright and not nearly as smooth and warm as others I've tried.

Leave a comment:

• RG 2570
    replied

I wanted to see if anyone could persuade me into buying a Duncan Custom before I take the plunge and get another Rio Grande BBQ. I found a local shop with a good deal on the Rio set, but there is still something I like about the C-5 in my LP. It's just not quite there....not as fat or thick as I like. The only thing that has kept me from the Custom is the ceramic bar thinking it take away warmth and a good clean tone and maybe not have the fat bass response of the BBQ.
    DUDE! just buy the darn thing and settle your mind! i see you have many posts on this model and you will never know if you dont just try it!
    take my latest experience for example,i kept hearing how harsh, ratty sounding the wolfgang pups were by many others how they like the guitar and hate the stock pups, but recently my bud got a wolfgang and brought it over my house, i was floored by the tone the pups! they are now my favorites i was using the PAF pro but the wolfies murder it!
    just goes to show you asking advise is not always the best bet for choosing pups

Leave a comment:

• papersoul
    started a topic The infamous Duncan Custom!

The infamous Duncan Custom!

Working...
X