The infamous Duncan Custom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The infamous Duncan Custom!

Boy you folks can be a rough crowd if you like. HMMMMMM but I hope this is all in fun????? it sure seems like it.
    Live long, play hard, enjoy life.

Comment

Originally posted by Radeon
      Boy you folks can be a rough crowd if you like. HMMMMMM but I hope this is all in fun????? it sure seems like it.
      yeah we are just messing around there is no ill intent meant to papersoul

but it is very easy to poke fun at this subject if you are familar with it.

Comment

I didnt think so but this is the first of what comes close to a flame I have seen on this board. Hey RG thanks for correcting me on the Dimarzio pickup I appreciate it. You right on when you say if your familiar with the subject.
        Live long, play hard, enjoy life.

Comment

Well, I have to apologize because how many times can you ask the same questions...right? Lately it's been easier to evaluate pickups since our band is getting more regular gigs and more regular practice.

I have to say I only changed my name on the board because I had issues with the old account once the new board activated. A few others had the same problem.

I think a lot of my problem is just confidence and I never trusted myself with a lot of this stuff and never trusted my own ears so I would always ask the same questions. I finally got the nerve up to do some soldering and should be doing some more shortly which is a BIG help. Now I am able to swap my own p'ups and report the results rather than asking 900 questions!

I have always had confidence issues and I think that is at the root of this. I constantly ask the same questions when the answers are most likely in front of me. In turn I could make my own judgment calls and report them on the board for others to learn. So, I am trying to change.

Currently, I have the C-5 in my LP and have had two gigs and several rehearsals with this guitar. I have a Rio BBQ going in tonight or tomorrow. I'll keep that in through a few rehearsals and at least one gig. I am also trying to get a Custom off eBay and also an Air Zone on recommendation. I'll report detailed results.

Thanks guys and sorry for everything.
          Last edited by papersoul; 04-19-2004, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by papersoul

1. You´re welcome.

2. Really, be assured, there´s nothing to be sorry for. We were all just ****in´ around, I seriously doubt that anybody was ever (honestly and seriously) mad, irritated, or Ill-willed towards you.

But every so often, we just gotta **** with somebody´s head, just keeps us sane. You just gave us the chance, thanks for that

*Edit* Oh, and sorry for not warning you beforehand
            Last edited by Zerberus; 04-19-2004, 03:54 PM.
            Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Well, I have to apologize because how many times can you ask the same questions...right? Lately it's been easier to evaluate pickups since our band is getting more regular gigs and more regular practice.

I have to say I only changed my name on the board because I had issues with the old account once the new board activated. A few others had the same problem.

I think a lot of my problem is just confidence and I never trusted myself with a lot of this stuff and never trusted my own ears so I would always ask the same questions. I finally got the nerve up to do some soldering and should be doing some more shortly which is a BIG help. Now I am able to swap my own p'ups and report the results rather than asking 900 questions!

I have always had confidence issues and I think that is at the root of this. I constantly ask the same questions when the answers are most likely in front of me. In turn I could make my own judgment calls and report them on the board for others to learn. So, I am trying to change.

Currently, I have the C-5 in my LP and have had two gigs and several rehearsals with this guitar. I have a Rio BBQ going in tonight or tomorrow. I'll keep that in through a few rehearsals and at least one gig. I am also trying to get a Custom off eBay and also an Air Zone on recommendation. I'll report detailed results.

Hey Bud,
              First of all it's all in fun, nothing serious. Secondly believe in yourself. You have an opinion on what is right for you. Trust yourself and do it. Remember the Wisest always go their own way. If you trust yourself, you'll feel better about yourself and that builds confidence. You play in a band and play out. Think about the poor souls out there that want to be in your shoes but lack confidence to do it. Do what feels good to you and screw everything else (within reason of course). Take the advise that has been given to you about pickups, make an evaluation and go with the one YOU like the best.

At the ripe old age of 50, I still believe in what an old Indian friend told me when I was 18......"DON'T LET ANYONE STEAL YOUR THUNDER!!" Words to live by.

Peace

Comment

Papersoul, how are those Distortion Strings working out for ya?

I don't wanna stir up any rumours....but.....there's a new Duncan pickup coming out that will BLOW AWAY every Duncan you've ever heard!!!!!!!!!!

I don't wanna let the cat out of the bag just yet, but.....

It's called the Confidence 5.
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

PAPERSOUL, listen man we were just goofin on ya
                  you can ask as many questions as you want,but in all seriousness the end all for you and others who really want to know what a certain pup sounds like is to try one yourself.
                  There is NOTHING wrong with doing some homework before running out and spending hard earned cash on a duncan or whatever brand pup or gear.
                  I research things myself but have found that in all cases i had to try it myself.
                  this is not always possible but is the best bet if you can just buy it to hear in your own rig.
                  I appologize if i had joked about anything that brought you grief or made you uncomfortable.
                  in ending i feel from what you need in a tone the duncan custom fits the bill.
                  if not you may have to go with a custom wind?

best of luck,RG 2570

Comment

Thanks guys.....the only issue I am running into with swapping pickups is that I am stripping the threads on the screw holes under the control cavity baseplate. Does anyone have a fix for this? What about that teflon tape wrapped around the screw? Thanks.

Comment

Thanks guys.....the only issue I am running into with swapping pickups is that I am stripping the threads on the screw holes under the control cavity baseplate. Does anyone have a fix for this? What about that teflon tape wrapped around the screw? Thanks.
                      yes fill holes with super glue for a fast set or wood putty for overnight set
                      seriously it works for me, just make sure it is dry before reinstalling the screws

Comment

The wood puddy would solidify..no?? I would think it would be harder to get the screws in and out after that. I won't do anything till I settle on a pickup............should be about 10 years from now.

Seriously, thanks.

Comment

Soak a toothpick in wood glue for a few hours and plunge it into the hole. Wait an hour or two. Cut off the excess. Reinsert screw, "start" the hole with a small drill if necessary.

If it can hold strap buttons, it sure as hell can hold a cavity-plate
                          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

WASAAAAAA!!! Just to clarify here, the whole point of this thread, unless I'm really f'ed up or just missing something here, was to get some information. And I cant help but notice that the topic has completely strayed away from there now its about making fun of ppl on the SD forum and fixing stripped screws??

and now for a completely random parade of smilies and their friends!! :******: :6: :6:
                            • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                            • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                            • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                            • G&L Tribute Comanche
                            • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                            • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                            • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
                              Soak a toothpick in wood glue for a few hours and plunge it into the hole. Wait an hour or two. Cut off the excess. Reinsert screw, "start" the hole with a small drill if necessary.

If it can hold strap buttons, it sure as hell can hold a cavity-plate
                              I actually have done something similar but without soaking in wood glue.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666
                                WASAAAAAA!!! Just to clarify here, the whole point of this thread, unless I'm really f'ed up or just missing something here, was to get some information. And I cant help but notice that the topic has completely strayed away from there now its about making fun of ppl on the SD forum and fixing stripped screws??

and now for a completely random parade of smilies and their friends!! :******: :6: :6:
                                you were right the first time you are just F'ed up

Comment

Working...
                                X