The infamous Duncan Custom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The infamous Duncan Custom!

Did you end up buying the BBQ/Texas combo? I like the BBQ for doing ZZ Top style Rhythm leads (it sounds great on the lower register bass strings...E,A and D) but it does lack high end sparkle which can be good or bad for you depending on your own taste. I didn't like it when it came to playing chords because it lacked this especially in the open positions. I loved the pickup for what it does great but also decided to replace for what it didn't do also. You should have got a Gibson Angus....it does everything that the BBQ does in the low end but really cuts through and sparkles on the higher strings. The Angus is a well kept secret that seems to scare people of because of it's name. It is just an overwound alnico 5 vintage humbucker with great tone at least for the music I do.

Comment

EVH5150,

I did buy the BBQ/Texas set because I prefer the lack of high end from the BBQ. I like the dark nature of the pickup and the way it works with my Vetta head and cab. I get a very dark, aggressive, warm, growling and sinister tone. I could have spent more and tried an angus but opted not to. I may try one eventually now that I have found THE guitar for me. The fun part will be trying various pickups in the future. I am still trying to get an Air Zone and Custom off ebay once our fincances get a little more back to normal.

I don't notice the clarity issues people talk about.

Comment

I really didn't like the Air Zone....I had one once..for about a week...basically long enough for me to get another pickup....and it seemed dull at least to me. I read all the reviews on Harmony and was impressed by them which was my mistake. Maybe it was the guitar I had it in. What type of music are you playing and what sound are you trying to achieve?

Comment

Hey RG2570 where is the rest of that chic and does she any nudes?
          Slurp!

Comment

Originally posted by keano12
            Hey RG2570 where is the rest of that chic and does she any nudes?
            Slurp!
            hey dont be talkin bout me lady like that! LOL!
            and yes i get to see the whole deal !

Comment

Working...
            X