Strat Diagram Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat Diagram Needed

Can someone point me to a simple diagram for my Strat; 3 single coils, with a standard 5-way switch, control knobs to be wired as the following:

Knob 1 - Volume, Master For All Pickups
    Knob 2 - Tone, Bridge Pickup Only
    Knob 3 - Tone, Middle Pickup Only

That's it, nothing fancy. I just never roll off any high end from a neck pickup.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Bruce Reed; 04-10-2020, 05:07 PM.

Re: Strat Diagram Needed

Look at a standard diagram, and just move the tone wires where you want them. You can move a single wire and have T2 control the bridge, or two wires and have T1 control the bridge and T2 control the middle
    -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
    “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

I will take a look, but I am diagram-challenged. I have a brother (out-of-state) that is a guitar tech, so I'll print out the diagram I see on the Duncan site and have him walk me through it. Thank you!!

Comment

On the switch you have 3lugs that represent the pickups, and the common lug to the vol pot. A physical examination of the switch during operation will tell you what lug is what

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Reed View Post
          I will take a look, but I am diagram-challenged. I have a brother (out-of-state) that is a guitar tech, so I'll print out the diagram I see on the Duncan site and have him walk me through it. Thank you!!
          Look at the standard diagram, and trace the two tone wires to the switch. You already know the second knob (T1) goes to the middle pickup, and the third (T2) goes to the neck. Now that you know what lug on the switch controls what, you can decide how you want the tones to work.
          -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
          “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Working...
          X