Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Center Giftcard and New Pickups

Hey all,
    I recently got a giftcard for Guitar Center, and I don't know what else to buy aside from new pickups to replace the Duncan Design ones in my RRXT.
    This is currently my D-Standard guitar, and I like to play thrash metal and Death-style stuff with it.
    I was initially thinking of buying a set of Full Shreds, but Guitar Center doesn't seem to have those in stock (Online at least). (Does anyone know if you can special order those through Guitar Center?)
    However, it does look like Guitar Center does have the Black Winter, Alpha/Omega, Pegasus/Sentient, and Nazgul/Sentient sets in stock. How are all of those? And would any of them be a good fit for what I'm looking for? I want to be able to get similar to a Death/Chuck Schuldiner tone, but I don't want to get an X2N (Not a fan of the look and I feel it won't be versatile enough with I want to change tones up). Want something tight that screams, but has a prominent enough low-end that won't flub-out. Not exactly shooting for modern metal tone either. Looking to cover 80s to 2000s at the latest.
    Thanks.

Re: Guitar Center Giftcard and New Pickups

Originally posted by Bees View Post
    Hey all,
    I recently got a giftcard for Guitar Center, and I don't know what else to buy aside from new pickups to replace the Duncan Design ones in my RRXT.
    This is currently my D-Standard guitar, and I like to play thrash metal and Death-style stuff with it.
    I was initially thinking of buying a set of Full Shreds, but Guitar Center doesn't seem to have those in stock (Online at least). (Does anyone know if you can special order those through Guitar Center?)
    However, it does look like Guitar Center does have the Black Winter, Alpha/Omega, Pegasus/Sentient, and Nazgul/Sentient sets in stock. How are all of those? And would any of them be a good fit for what I'm looking for? I want to be able to get similar to a Death/Chuck Schuldiner tone, but I don't want to get an X2N (Not a fan of the look and I feel it won't be versatile enough with I want to change tones up). Want something tight that screams, but has a prominent enough low-end that won't flub-out. Not exactly shooting for modern metal tone either. Looking to cover 80s to 2000s at the latest.
    Thanks.
    I would go with either a Distortion Mayhem set or the Nazgul/Setient set. Those will both give you the low end girth you want without flubbing out.
    Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
    Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Comment

Re: Guitar Center Giftcard and New Pickups

Welcome to the forum!

I'd suggest the Pegasus/Sentient set or, for more mids, the Black Winter set. I do believe that GC will order for you, so you have other options, but you might not need to use them. These sets should be available there.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
      X