X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack_TriPpEr
    replied
    zoezoe and JamesPaul,

Please try to remember to first review wha'ts already posted in the thread, to see if your concern is already covered.

In this particular case, i posted the 3 different issues with that diagram and the fixes for each over a week ago in Reply # 63.

Originally posted by zozoe View Post
    Greetings~ I posted this a few weeks ago, correct in my findings that the neck pup was missing the red/white leads, and I'm not certain if it was corrected online... thnx
    Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post

I just checked and it has not yet been corrected in the Wiring Diagram Wizard on the site. For the neck pickup, it actually has 2 issues. 1) It shows the red/white leads connected where the green/bare leads should connect and 2) the green/bare leads are missing.

If someone needs this before it has been corrected in the Wiring Diagram Wizard, they can reference where ArtieToo corrected it in your Topic:

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...81#post6093481

...assuming they find their way here to follow the link.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Just to be clear, as far as I know, none of the diagrams reported in this thread have been corrected. This thread should be a place to check if you download a diagram that isn't working. There are quite a few missing grounds, wrong switch assignments, etc on several Duncan diagrams.

Leave a comment:

• JamesPaul
    replied
    Originally posted by zozoe View Post
    Greetings~ I posted this a few weeks ago, correct in my findings that the neck pup was missing the red/white leads, and I'm not certain if it was corrected online... thnx Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20210712-225027_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.1 KB ID:	6095709
    I just checked and it has not yet been corrected in the Wiring Diagram Wizard on the site. For the neck pickup, it actually has 2 issues. 1) It shows the red/white leads connected where the green/bare leads should connect and 2) the green/bare leads are missing.

If someone needs this before it has been corrected in the Wiring Diagram Wizard, they can reference where ArtieToo corrected it in your Topic:

hi all~ Will this diagram split my neck SM-3 as well? I tend to think not as the neck pup isn't showing the same # of wires as the bridge.... Any appropriate schem out there? My push/pull is on the tone pot... Many thnx~ p.s. it's still there:11:

...assuming they find their way here to follow the link.

Leave a comment:

• zozoe
    replied
    Greetings~ I posted this a few weeks ago, correct in my findings that the neck pup was missing the red/white leads, and I'm not certain if it was corrected online... thnx Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210712-225027_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.1 KB ID:	6095709

Leave a comment:

• Jack_TriPpEr
    replied
    Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
    There appears to be a number of drawings on the site like these two:

https://www.seymourduncan.com/images...H_5W_1V_1T.jpg
    https://www.seymourduncan.com/images...H_5W_1V_1T.jpg

When I look at them, I would expect them to never produce sound.
    The HSH diagram that BeauBrummels mentioned above, has 2 other errors besides how the 5 way switch's output is wired (covered in an earlier reply in this thread.

That diagram is intended to split the neck and bridge at the same time using the push-pull switch but it has an error in that regard. The Red & White wires from the neck pickup are supposed to connect to the rightside middle lug of the push-pull switch, not run to Ground like the diagram shows.

The diagram has an additional error: it is missing the Green and Bare wires for the neck pickup. Those 2 wires should be wired to Ground (the back of a pot) just like you see the Bridge humbucker's Green and Bare wires routed.

Pic of the diagram attached.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_102680.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.8 KB ID:	6093465

Leave a comment:

• BBB
    replied
    You guys are good. I'm extremely glad I joined this forum.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post

Good catch, Artie.

i see that it also suffers from an incorrect cap value of 0.047uF being listed. As you and I have discussed previously in another thread, Seymour Duncan later revised the wiring instructions sheet that is included with Blackouts preamps to specify a cap value of 0.47uf instead , as smaller cap values led to the tone pot having no audible effect.

Ref:

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...39#post6028139
    Thanks for that info Jack. The instructions that came with my BMP shows .47 uf, but the actual caps included in the pack are .047 uf. Weird.

Leave a comment:

• Jack_TriPpEr
    replied
    Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
    All the forum talk about Blackout's, (specifically, the BMP), made me catch an error in the BMP_Standard_LesPaul diagram. There needs to be a connection between the two red arrows. "Output 2" is the neck output.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BMP_Standard_LesPaul.jpg Views:	4 Size:	56.3 KB ID:	6071889
    Good catch, Artie.

i see that it also suffers from an incorrect cap value of 0.047uF being listed. As you and I have discussed previously in another thread, Seymour Duncan later revised the wiring instructions sheet that is included with Blackouts preamps to specify a cap value of 0.47uf instead , as smaller cap values led to the tone pot having no audible effect.

Ref:

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...39#post6028139
    Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 04-08-2021, 08:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    All the forum talk about Blackout's, (specifically, the BMP), made me catch an error in the BMP_Standard_LesPaul diagram. There needs to be a connection between the two red arrows. "Output 2" is the neck output.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BMP_Standard_LesPaul.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	6071889

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
    My analysis matches your conclusions and really the only thing I could maybe add is that the diagram being asked about has no actual error . . .
    Yup. And I probably should have stated that just so as not to confuse the poster, or anyone else, any more than necessary. Good catch.

Leave a comment:

• Jack_TriPpEr
    replied
    Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

This is basically the same question you asked here: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...ot-rail-wiring

Except that bridge and neck are reversed. That's ok. It IS a confusing issue. Normally, the "other" side of the 5-way would be used for tone control assignment duties. But in both of the diagrams that you linked to, that side of the 5-way is used for auto-split. So . . . now you have to decide: 2 tone controls, three pickups. Which gets what? Since in the #2 & #4 positions, pickups share a tone control, you have to pick which pup doesn't get a tone control when used by itself. Or, get a Superswitch.

Personally, I think the whole 2-tone system on a Strat was stupid from day one. Do master volume and master tone, and use the other hole for something far more useable. Like a blend pot.

My 2-cents worth.
    Artie,

funny; just finished my analysis and as I am getting ready to respond, you posted just minutes b4 me.

My analysis matches your conclusions and really the only thing I could maybe add is that the diagram being asked about has no actual error -like you explained, the limitations of a 5 way switch that only has 2 poles means you have to give some functionality up if you want to do something different with one of the two poles besides tone control routing - in this case supporting coilsplitting for multiple pickups.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by rdpar1 View Post
    in this diagram there is no tone control for the neck pickup. How do we fix that?
    This is basically the same question you asked here: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...ot-rail-wiring

Except that bridge and neck are reversed. That's ok. It IS a confusing issue. Normally, the "other" side of the 5-way would be used for tone control assignment duties. But in both of the diagrams that you linked to, that side of the 5-way is used for auto-split. So . . . now you have to decide: 2 tone controls, three pickups. Which gets what? Since in the #2 & #4 positions, pickups share a tone control, you have to pick which pup doesn't get a tone control when used by itself. Or, get a Superswitch.

Personally, I think the whole 2-tone system on a Strat was stupid from day one. Do master volume and master tone, and use the other hole for something far more useable. Like a blend pot.

My 2-cents worth.

Leave a comment:

• rdpar1
    replied
    in this diagram there is no tone control for the neck pickup. How do we fix that?Click image for larger version

Name:	duncan hot rails.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	6068543

Leave a comment:

• Jack_TriPpEr
    replied
    Originally posted by WDeeGee View Post
    I took another look and yes, both methods would work. The second methode keeps the phase the same with both HB on and the first method reverses it?
    No, phase remains normal in both methods.

If you would like to discuss further, please start a new thread. This particular thread is meant to be dedicated to just SD diagrams that have confirmed issues that need to be corrected eventually.
    Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 01-25-2021, 09:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WDeeGee
    replied
    I took another look and yes, both methods would work. The second methode keeps the phase the same with both HB on and the first method reverses it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X