X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post

Good catch, Artie.

i see that it also suffers from an incorrect cap value of 0.047uF being listed. As you and I have discussed previously in another thread, Seymour Duncan later revised the wiring instructions sheet that is included with Blackouts preamps to specify a cap value of 0.47uf instead , as smaller cap values led to the tone pot having no audible effect.

Ref:

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...39#post6028139
    Thanks for that info Jack. The instructions that came with my BMP shows .47 uf, but the actual caps included in the pack are .047 uf. Weird.

Comment

You guys are good. I'm extremely glad I joined this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
        There appears to be a number of drawings on the site like these two:

https://www.seymourduncan.com/images...H_5W_1V_1T.jpg
        https://www.seymourduncan.com/images...H_5W_1V_1T.jpg

When I look at them, I would expect them to never produce sound.
        The HSH diagram that BeauBrummels mentioned above, has 2 other errors besides how the 5 way switch's output is wired (covered in an earlier reply in this thread.

That diagram is intended to split the neck and bridge at the same time using the push-pull switch but it has an error in that regard. The Red & White wires from the neck pickup are supposed to connect to the rightside middle lug of the push-pull switch, not run to Ground like the diagram shows.

The diagram has an additional error: it is missing the Green and Bare wires for the neck pickup. Those 2 wires should be wired to Ground (the back of a pot) just like you see the Bridge humbucker's Green and Bare wires routed.

Pic of the diagram attached.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_102680.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.8 KB ID:	6093465
        Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Greetings~ I posted this a few weeks ago, correct in my findings that the neck pup was missing the red/white leads, and I'm not certain if it was corrected online... thnx Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210712-225027_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.1 KB ID:	6095709

Comment

Originally posted by zozoe View Post
            Greetings~ I posted this a few weeks ago, correct in my findings that the neck pup was missing the red/white leads, and I'm not certain if it was corrected online... thnx Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20210712-225027_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.1 KB ID:	6095709
            I just checked and it has not yet been corrected in the Wiring Diagram Wizard on the site. For the neck pickup, it actually has 2 issues. 1) It shows the red/white leads connected where the green/bare leads should connect and 2) the green/bare leads are missing.

If someone needs this before it has been corrected in the Wiring Diagram Wizard, they can reference where ArtieToo corrected it in your Topic:

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...81#post6093481

...assuming they find their way here to follow the link.
            I miss the '80s (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Just to be clear, as far as I know, none of the diagrams reported in this thread have been corrected. This thread should be a place to check if you download a diagram that isn't working. There are quite a few missing grounds, wrong switch assignments, etc on several Duncan diagrams.
              Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

zoezoe and JamesPaul,

Please try to remember to first review wha'ts already posted in the thread, to see if your concern is already covered.

In this particular case, i posted the 3 different issues with that diagram and the fixes for each over a week ago in Reply # 63.

Originally posted by zozoe View Post
                Greetings~ I posted this a few weeks ago, correct in my findings that the neck pup was missing the red/white leads, and I'm not certain if it was corrected online... thnx
                Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post

I just checked and it has not yet been corrected in the Wiring Diagram Wizard on the site. For the neck pickup, it actually has 2 issues. 1) It shows the red/white leads connected where the green/bare leads should connect and 2) the green/bare leads are missing.

If someone needs this before it has been corrected in the Wiring Diagram Wizard, they can reference where ArtieToo corrected it in your Topic:

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...81#post6093481

...assuming they find their way here to follow the link.
                Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Working...
                X