Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be very appreciative of somebody could help me figure out if this can be done. Situation: two humbuckers, one volume, one tone, 5 way blade pickup selector switch.
    I'm trying to achieve the following pickup configurations.
    Position 1 : Neck humbuckers Position 2 : Neck North Single coil
    Position 3 : Neck North Single Coil x (Neck south single coil x bridge north Single coil) to get that second/fourth strat position
    Position 4 : Bridge South single coil x (Neck South single coil x bridge north Single coil)
    position 5 : Bridge humbuckers

I don't know if this is possible but I'm trying to get the 2/4 positions out of a strat. Thank you guys. This place is fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by PCMarks View Post
      I would be very appreciative of somebody could help me figure out if this can be done. Situation: two humbuckers, one volume, one tone, 5 way blade pickup selector switch.
      I'm trying to achieve the following pickup configurations.
      Position 1 : Neck humbuckers Position 2 : Neck North Single coil
      Position 3 : Neck North Single Coil x (Neck south single coil x bridge north Single coil) to get that second/fourth strat position
      Position 4 : Bridge South single coil x (Neck South single coil x bridge north Single coil)
      position 5 : Bridge humbuckers

I don't know if this is possible but I'm trying to get the 2/4 positions out of a strat. Thank you guys. This place is fantastic!
      Please make another thread. This thread is just for problems with illustrated Duncan Diagrams. I will delete this post when you make another thread, so this one stays on topic.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

2H_3B_1VppSPL_2T.jpg (612×792) (seymourduncan.com)

The master volume and bridge tone are flipped on the 3-way blade.

Comment

indeed they are, good catch

Comment

The wiring instruction sheet that comes with the STK-J2 Hot Stack Jazz Noiseless Pickup could use an update.
            Document # P/N 501030-115 Rev D.

There is a small box with tiny print on the right side with CRITICAL INFO that can be easily overlooked.
            "REVERSE THE GREEN AND BLACK WIRES FOR USE WITH STOCK FENDER TYPE P PICKUPS".
            This info is no where to be found on the SD site, and is only printed on the included wiring diagram

This little box should be MUCH LARGER WITH LARGER TYPE.
            After wiring up my Hot Stack Jazz to my Yamaha TRBX174 according to the wiring diagram, it sounded thin and weak.
            Not Good.
            Only after checking every wiring diagram on the SD site and reviewing the included diagram that came with the pickup did I see the tiny box with the critical info concerning the Reverse Wiring.
            I eventually used the Alternate Wiring Method suggested, and it sounded great like it should.
            See my thread in the Pickups Section here in the Forums....
            Jefro.

I've had this budget Yamaha bass for about 11 years, and am very impressed with the quality of the build, the neck and the Candy Apple Red metalflake finish. The Yamaha TRBX174 is highly rated among the budget basses when they are reviewed online. The P and J pickups sound very good, beefy and rich, and even the J pickup sounds

Comment

Originally posted by RMichael View Post
              The master volume and bridge tone are flipped on the 3-way blade.
              Good catch. Here it is corrected if Duncan & Co. would just like to replace it with this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2H_3B_1VppSPL_2T.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	6198251

Comment

While not a mistake per se, it would be nice if they brought back the old tone chart, in PDF format, with all the newer pups on it. It was a great quick reference that you could view offline.

Also, many of the pups on the website are missing their model number. Makes it difficult sometimes, when you're checking on a pup in a drawer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tone-chart.png
Views:	12
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	6274404

Comment

Working...
                X