ROBBIE ROBERTSON BRONZE STRAT PICKGUARD ~~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROBBIE ROBERTSON BRONZE STRAT PICKGUARD ~~

Howdy all & hope all is well. I'm bored, & I'm looking to maybe put together a RR type pickguard. Just looking for a schematic or two, with some focus on the series/parallel options for that bridge cluster of p/u's. I have a bunch of p/u's, pickguard & all the hardware, just needing a clear & concise schematic to follow. My skill level lies somewhere around intermediate, & I can follow a neat & clear set of instructions, though I'm always up for a challenge.
    With no 'deathcaps' involved, I'm all in!!
    Thanks in advance~

Kenny

Re: ROBBIE ROBERTSON BRONZE STRAT PICKGUARD ~~

so from my understanding of that guitar its got a three way. 1- bridge+middle in series 2- bridge+middle in series in parallel with the neck pup 3- neck pup if thats what you want, youd wire the middle and bridge as a humbucker and then follow a tele three way diagram

Comment

I know the goal is to have it look like that guitar, but wouldn’t a Stag Mag be easier if it’s wired like Jeremy says?
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The problem with using two conventional single coils in series like that is they may not sound very good in series. If you place two single coils back to back the stagger of the magnets for one coil is the reverse of what it should be unless you use flats. However, you can remove the magnets from the neck side and match the bridge side's stagger. I have had decent results with using Lace pickups, rail pickups, and mini humbuckers together though. The Stag Mag would be the most practical. I have a Yamaha Pacifica H/S/S and for the bridge I have an ON/ON/ON mini-toggle so I can do single-series-single.
        Last edited by idsnowdog; 04-14-2020, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X