Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5 pickups (SH-S-HS) in one guitar

Originally posted by zeisse View Post
    Is it mean that replaceing Hot rails (bar magnet) with something like JB jr. may give better results?
    The JB Jr. also contains a bag mag, AFAIK. What differs is its pole pieces and, potentially, how they convey the magnetic field compared to a pair of blades.

That said, the main problem here is the "natural" inconsistency of magnetism, IMHO. Two magnets from the same batch charged in the same way during the same time CAN exhibit different mag fields.

So, if I had your guitar here + a JB Jr., I would test the pickups with our lab Teslameter. As I can't do that, I can't reply seriously either to your question, sorry. :-/

Let us know if the HR closer to the bridge and flipped sounds better...
    Duncan user since the 80's...

Comment

Re: 5 pickups (SH-S-HS) in one guitar

Hi,
      quick update.
      I've flipped and moved HR closer to the bridge. It sounds much better. I was really happy till I noticed that SC next to the HR sounds weak.
      String E6 is much quieter than others. Looks like pole pieces has been demagnetized (probably touched bar of HR during swaping ;()
      Now I'm not sure how big impact to improved sound has this demagnetized pole pieces.

I've ordered magnets to re-magnetize this Single Coil pickup. Will let you know results.
      I hope this one pole piece will not impact sound of HR ...

Comment

Working...
      X