Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck pickup question

Hey all,

I’ve been searching for a neck pickup that has a round, warm tone that. Medium output, Less percussive and more vocal not unlike a sax. I’d be putting it in a korina king v. Does duncan make anything that would fit the bill? DiMarzio? Any help would be appreciated.

Looking for that tone you get where the feedback you get from the amp is giving you a long sustain...medium gain. More like frederik thordendals tone on sol niger within or destroy erase improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Neck pickup question

Seth Lover comes to mind.

Comment

Medium output is likely something by DiMarzio. But when you say round/warm/Sax-like....A2P would be my call.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I'd say sentient

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          Medium output is likely something by DiMarzio. But when you say round/warm/Sax-like....A2P would be my call.
          Would the alnico 2 pro work with something as hot as a full shred in the bridge?

Comment

Originally posted by Nsatke81 View Post
            Would the alnico 2 pro work with something as hot as a full shred in the bridge?

Indeed it would. I would go for an Alnico II Pro, as well. A Seth Lover is also a great choice if your technique relies a lot on touch-sensitivity and you don't use a ton of preamp gain and volume.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              Indeed it would. I would go for an Alnico II Pro, as well. A Seth Lover is also a great choice if your technique relies a lot on touch-sensitivity and you don't use a ton of preamp gain and volume.
              So recently a friend let me borrow a blues jr and I’ve really been liking it because I can get sustain at a reasonable volume. I’ve been playing around with distortions and overdrives for a boost. I’m just not hearing the smoothness or warmth that I’d like.

Comment

A2P + Full Shred will give a super wide range of tone also. Middle will be a cool mix of fat and shred.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Nsatke81 View Post
                  So recently a friend let me borrow a blues jr and I’ve really been liking it because I can get sustain at a reasonable volume. I’ve been playing around with distortions and overdrives for a boost. I’m just not hearing the smoothness or warmth that I’d like.

I'd say the Alnico II Pro, in this case. It does especially well with a Blues Jr.
                  I borrowed a student's Blues Jr and man, did that sound great with that pickup. Like waves of butter flowing out of the amp.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I also agree the A2P would be a good choice for the neck.
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                    X