Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring question

Hi all,

I’ve received my tv Jones pickups for my Jackson dominion and am going to install. The dominion has mini toggle push pulls to split the coils of each pickup, but these pickups are so low output I do not think that would be useful. Instead, I want to use the switches to go from series to parallel as in the diagram below:

Does anyone know if this can be achieved on the mini two ways? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Wiring question

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "mini toggle push pulls". The switch is either a toggle or a push pull. It can't be both.

If your "mini two way" is a DPDT toggle, it works and is wired exactly the same as a p/p.

You realize that as far as output goes, parallel is even lower than split. To me, parallel sounds better than split because of its richer tonal content. The perceivable output (the audible loudness) isn't really much of a factor, however.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Re: Wiring question

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
      I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "mini toggle push pulls". The switch is either a toggle or a push pull. It can't be both.

If your "mini two way" is a DPDT toggle, it works and is wired exactly the same as a p/p.

You realize that as far as output goes, parallel is even lower than split. To me, parallel sounds better than split because of its richer tonal content. The perceivable output (the audible loudness) isn't really much of a factor, however.
      My mistake. My brain was either working faster than I can type or I accidentally selected and typed over part of what I meant to say, which is this:

The guitar has two mini 2way (dpdt) toggles that split the coils of the pickups, giving you the inside coil of each p/u.

The only wiring diagrams I have found online for series to parallel are like the duncan diagram I linked to which has 2 push pull potentiometer. If I use this diagram and get the push pulls I have 2 mini toggles just sitting in the guitar, not being used.

I did not realize that using both the coils in parallel would result in a lower output signal than using one coil of the pickup. The guys at tv Jones were saying this would be a more attractive option than using the switches as splitters. They did not, however, have a schematic.

Is there anything else cool I could install instead of the 2 dpdt switches?

Comment

Working...
      X