banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seymour Duncan pickup falling out of guitar, how to fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan pickup falling out of guitar, how to fix?

Hello, I have a ESP LTD MH1000 as my main guitar, and the bridge pickup has come very loose, when I try to play or turn the guitar face up the pick up falls forward onto the strings, it is completely loose.

I have taken the strings off and looked but can't see how to get it back in place, so any advice would be great. The guitar was very expensive to me as I do not have much money and I really want to get using my favorite guitar again.

Thank you all for your help.

Re: Seymour Duncan pickup falling out of guitar, how to fix?

Ring-mounted pups, right?

Is the ring mount falling out (pup plus plastic ring) or is the pup falling through the ring and the ring is solidly connected to the guitar?

Guessing the screws on your pup are too skinny for the pup. EMGs? Look online for EMG mounting screws. Or otherwise if it's a ring mount issue, look for new ring mounts.

If it's a wooden hole issue, use toothpicks and wood glue in the hole. Like break off a toothpick and glue it in the hole. Glue is actually just a suggestion, not really a must as the pressure of the wood should hold it.

Comment

Sounds like someone swapped the stock EMG for SD and didn't know what they were doing.
      Yeah see what is going on,,,,,,,, if it's a ring issue or pickup/height-screw issue.

Comment

In Ecuador my cousin's guitar player had this problem with his bridge pickup, it was because the spring had somehow come off one of the mounting screws (don't ask me how)

Can you try completely removing the pickup with the mounting ring and making sure the springs and screws are installed correctly?

Sometimes if the springs are backwards, the wide end could be too big to sit securely on the mounting tab of the pickup, if it's not compressed tightly or isn't rigid and can shift, that could be it

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
        • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
        • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
        • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
        • G&L Tribute Comanche
        • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
        • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
        • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Working...
        X