Mustang Pickup Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang Pickup Recommendations

So after kind of falling out with Strats altogether and falling for shorter scale guitars, I'm starting to miss the snap of some single coil tones. I'm thinking of getting one of the Fender American Performer Mustangs. I know it will *never* sound like a strat, however I'm looking for some pickup recommendations that will nudge it that way in the neck position (I'm thinking an SSL-2) with a hotter single coil lead bridge pickup for distorted single coil leads (I'm thinking either an SSL-6 or SSL-4, normally would prefer the SSL-3 but am worried the midrange spike in that pickup with the midrange honk of the Mustang's bridge position will be too much of a good thing). If anyone has tried what I'm looking for or has any tips I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!
    "We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace." Sri Chimroy, 1948

Re: Mustang Pickup Recommendations

Ant Mustang neck! And either ssl6 or 4 for the bridge depending on how bright you want it.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Re: Mustang Pickup Recommendations

i agree the antiquity mustang neck is a great pup. i dont think of mustangs as having much snap compared to a strat though. ant mustang neck and ssl6 bridge would be a cool setup though

Comment

Working...
      X