The JB "I call BS on everyone" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    This has NOT gone off the list - it is high effort though and further down than a number of other projects in the works.

It will happen. In some way shape or form. Honestly, thinking about a guitar JUST for this adventure.
    I was wondering when this was gonna pop back up. Good call using one guitar to eliminate any variables.
    "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

• Yeah - something with QR pickup connections, maybe rear loading....even if a Squire with a hacked back side.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

...Squire with a hacked back side.
          Sounds like a scene from Game of Thrones.

Looking forward to the comparison.

Comment

Yeah - something with QR pickup connections, maybe rear loading....even if a Squire with a hacked back side.
            Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

You know, I am about sick to death of "Is it a real 80's JB?" and "I want a JBJ" and the very latest "Get one wound by Seymour!"

If you want a Seymour JB because coolness, fine. If you want a JB because "MJ" fine. But I am now calling BS on THE ENTIRE WORLD!

If you send me one of each of these heralded epic JB's of awesomeness, I will put them each in a guitar, record them, put the clips up[, and let you vote in a BLIND listening and see if your dumb and deaf @$$ can REALLY choose the real 80's/Seymour/JB.

I'll get Duncan's own Mincer to come down and play-supervise etc. I'll film the freaking making of it and p[ublish the entire methodology. I'll take ultra care of your precious pups and return them to you on my own dime.

And I'll publish the actual findings. Which might show that 80% of people prefer the MJ. Or it might show that 33% like each. Or....it might show a slight preference for the current JB.

What is really awesome about this challenge, is I won't have to do it because NO ONE will take me up on it because you all know you are full of $h!t.
              Mostly it comes down to different magnets as running changes in the spec imo. I've had JBJ and JBL pickups from 80's and 90s.
              I've had current JB's.

Not enough difference I think I couldn't tell. Stick a roughcast in the new one and it's close enough.

But that's what forums are for. Debating minutiae that no one could here when the drummer kicks the down beat.
              Playing:
              Thorn, PRS and Kauer Guitars
              Marshall, Greer amps, Metroamp Home Builds
              Duncan Favorites: SM3, 59's, Sat Night Specials....
              Scumback Speakers, V Picks and various other sundries

Comment

Honestly, thinking about a guitar JUST for this adventure.
                Well, if you have a spare grand or two burning a hole in your pocket, a Swiss Relish would do the trick. https://relish.swiss/premium-guitars/jane

(The Gif won't run.)

Comment

• Foos

Somnium Guitars are Premium Quality Hand-Finished American-Built Instruments Every feature has been carefully thought out to give you the...

The things that you wanted
                  I bought them for you

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Mike Blues View Post

Mostly it comes down to different magnets as running changes in the spec imo. I've had JBJ and JBL pickups from 80's and 90s.
                    I've had current JB's.

Not enough difference I think I couldn't tell. Stick a roughcast in the new one and it's close enough.

But that's what forums are for. Debating minutiae that no one could here when the drummer kicks the down beat.
                    One JB version you left out about what differences there is between all the JB's is the Antiquity JB .
                    There is something magical that happens when you take a roughcast A5 and then degauss it , it takes the ice pick top end off and gives it a more vintage vibe .
                    Last edited by JB6464; 11-09-2020, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JB6464 View Post

One JB version you left out about what differences there is between all the JB's is the Antiquity JB .
                      There is something magical that happens when you take a roughcast A5 and then degauss it , it takes the ice pick top end off and gives it a more vintage vibe .
                      Would that be a modified SH-14?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by OKC View Post

Would that be a modified SH-14?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Just a normal custom shop Antiquity JB you can buy from any dealer .
                        The Antiquity JB's have a aged degaussed magnet which you won't get with any regular production model .
                        Last edited by JB6464; 11-27-2020, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• The real question is an old original JB naturally antiquity? I doubt it.

Comment

• My JBJ sounds closer to my Ant than to my new JB. The Ant actually sounds the oldest and clankiest tho lol.
                            I bought them for you

Comment

• Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                              My JBJ sounds closer to my Ant than to my new JB. The Ant actually sounds the oldest and clankiest tho lol.
                              Because the magnet get old right. That's how that works, isn't it? Because you learned that on your magna-doodle...

Comment

• No, I swapped in new mags to all of them. Must have been ur magna doodle. I presume the differences in the JBJ are from the wind and the age. While the Ant's differences must be from the wind and simulated aging.
                                I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
                                X