Any love left for the C8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any love left for the C8?

I like the C5, but like Dave said, it is best in a mid-heavy guitar because it is so scooped. I like the C8 because of its big tight bottom, softer highs, and stronger mids. Give a very full and powerful tone to even the wimpiest guitar.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
      I like the C5, but like Dave said, it is best in a mid-heavy guitar because it is so scooped. I like the C8 because of its big tight bottom, softer highs, and stronger mids. Give a very full and powerful tone to even the wimpiest guitar.
      You nailed it!
      I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

What neck pups does everyone like with a C8? I'm still using a Jazz in Explorer Pro, and both pups are split for single coil action.

The Jazz actually seems to pair pretty well with it, but I almost want something brighter in the neck.

Will a PG neck match the C8 without too much of a dramatic shift in spectrum?
        I think I took a wrong turn in Albuquerque...

Comment

The Jazz, Sentient, and 59 would sound great with a C8.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

jazz is one of the brightest neck pups. pgn with a5 might be brighter?

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              The Jazz, Sentient, and 59 would sound great with a C8.
              The Sentient works quite well with an A 8 pickup in the bridge. The Alt 8 / Sentient combo in my KOA Carvin DC 127 is one of my all time favorite set ups.
              Here is that set up live through my little Mesa Subway Rocket
              Last edited by Ascension; 06-11-2020, 07:27 AM.
              Guitars
              Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
              Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Working...
              X