Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marc Diglio XYZ Hungry - what pickup?

Hi!
    What pickup will bring me closer to this sound?
    video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

I know that he used full maple charvel superstrat, but I dont know what pickup he used.
    Previous album ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpFdx-xpmW4 ) sound like a JB, but this completly not sound like JB.
    Some people write that he used PRS humbucker.
    This sound has mighty harmonics, sounds like he played gently pinch harmonics all time
    \m/

I also heard reviews that he used Duncan Custom. Does this sound like Custom?

Gravity Storm Dimarzio sound pretty close https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpe-YXMDB1o
    Last edited by CarlosG; 06-26-2020, 06:37 AM.

Re: Marc Diglio XYZ Hungry - what pickup?

Great choice of tone to cop! That is one of my all-time favourite guitar tones. I actually know a guy who owned THE Marc Diglio Charvel. Unfortunately the pickup was changed before he got it.

The amps on that album are apparently a mixture of a Mike Morin preamp and a Soldano SLO. To me there is something about the sounds like a rack-based setup, a certain evenness of attack that seems typical of rack setups. Getting that right is going to do a whole lot more than the exact pickup. You are right that there is a ton of harmonic content in this, so I'd recommend relatively thin strings (no more than .009s) to bring that out.

Comment

Re: Marc Diglio XYZ Hungry - what pickup?

I think that is medium hain humbucker, because celans up great. I Heard that pro co rat gives a much high harmonics. Its may be a good Amp booster to achieve more harmonics. Treble boosters too. Humbucker with treble booster sounds more straty. Ps. Sory for my english. I Hope you understand me

Comment

Working...
      X