banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gibson LP with Pearly Gates neck: Seth, Antiquity or Slash bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. B
    replied
    Re: Gibson LP with Pearly Gates neck: Seth, Antiquity or Slash bridge?

Wait, why would you not just use the Pearly Gates Bridge with the Pearly Gates Neck?

Leave a comment:

• dr.barlo
    replied

BB Pros right? Why not try changing their a5's with a2's and you'll be getting yourself a BB#1 and #2 depending on how hot your BB Pros are? You may like them with a2 mags.

Changing mags is not that difficult.

B

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied

Slash, or a Pearly Bridge, or a Whole Lotta Humbucker bridge.

Not Seth Bridge. Can't speak to Antiquity humbucker, don't have a set.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

All of them blend well with the PG. If you are worried about it sounding harsh, stick to the Slash or original Alnico II Pro.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarDoc
    replied

Any of those would be fine depending on your personal taste. I would choose the Slash for the bridge though.

Leave a comment:

• Gibson LP with Pearly Gates neck: Seth, Antiquity or Slash bridge?

Hi everyone,

I've given up on the burstbuckers of my Les Paul Standard: adjusted the pickup height etc, but it's still too harsh for my taste. Having had previous experience with the Pearly Gates bridge pickup and having read great reviews about it, I just ordered a PG neck. Now I'm in doubt about which pickup would make a good match with the PGn. I'm prone to the Slash because it's also Al2 so I presume there shouldn't be a great difference in output, but I also liked the reviews I saw on the Seth Lovers and the Antiquitys. My style is classic rock/ blues (Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith, GnR). I know these are all great pickups, but which is the most suitable for the PGn?
Working...
X