• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orpheo
    replied
    Re: Is this schematic functional?

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
    Did you check how your switch works? The terminals aren’t always the same on every brand of switch.

I haven’t looked through the diagram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yeah, I have a Schaller Megaswitch M and I translated it to work with that switch. I even used an Oak switch to try this out, same tonal results.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
    Position 4 doesn't look like it gets out of phase to me - only in series like position 2.
    Nope. It's definitely OOP. I just double checked it. But it is difficult to trace through.

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
    Also, when the pickups are in series, it appears so are the volumes, so there's cumilative loading of resistance there, i think.
    Yup. In series or parallel, both volumes remain in the path. Not ideal, but it should function.

Leave a comment:

• idsnowdog
    replied

A 4-way is much simpler and you can wire the 4-way so the OOP and series are the two center positions if you like. Breja Toneworks shows how on youtube.

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied

Position 4 doesn't look like it gets out of phase to me - only in series like position 2. Also, when the pickups are in series, it appears so are the volumes, so there's cumilative loading of resistance there, i think. The way to test is turn each individually then turn both together and hear how it sounds. Each should work, but both at the same time should get noticeably dark.

Leave a comment:

• DavidRavenMoon
    replied

Did you check how your switch works? The terminals aren’t always the same on every brand of switch.

I haven’t looked through the diagram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied

It looks to me like it should work. It is hard to follow though. I'd go over your wiring with a fine tooth comb, and make sure everything is in its proper place.

Leave a comment:

• orpheo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• orpheo
    started a topic Is this schematic functional?

Is this schematic functional?

Or is it a dud? I tried it but it doesn't appear to be working as it should. As soon as 2 pickups are together, the bridge volume becomes inoperable and the phase setting isn't as pronounced as I wish it were.

Last edited by orpheo; 07-06-2020, 04:00 AM.
Working...
X