Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mincer
    replied
    I have a set in my Eastman 335-type, and they are wonderful. I would think if you are using tones from clean to just short of metal, they would be an ideal set.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    antiquitys are great pups for sure! got a set in my les paul and hamer monaco elite

Leave a comment:

• skydog
    replied
    Originally posted by hamerfan View Post
    Yep, its an Ant Neck. The Pearly Gates writing is clearly wrong. You should erase that to avoid further confusion. I am sure there was the sig of Seymour before.
    It's not visible in the pic, but there was a slight trace of Seymour's sig. I used some alcohol to remove the ‘Pearly Gates’ which of course removed any trace of the signature, too. These pickups sound fantastic in my McInturff Polaris Pro.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4B309DED-C731-4DD9-88D5-D831788D2C8A.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	6031377

Leave a comment:

• hamerfan
    replied
    Yep, its an Ant Neck. The Pearly Gates writing is clearly wrong. You should erase that to avoid further confusion. I am sure there was the sig of Seymour before.
    Last edited by hamerfan; 10-09-2020, 08:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• skydog
    replied
    Re: Help ID'ing these SD pickups please!

Both are probably Duncans. The bridge is an Ant from the end 90ties to beginning 2000. This is the personal sign of the boss himself, Seymour. But we need to see the label on the neck pickup!
    The legs on both pups are ~1\2”.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• skydog
    replied

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Well, it could be from the Custom Shop. The Antiquity looks like long legs, like it should have. My guess is that the Pearly Gates was put there by the owner...to either throw people off or to remind themselves what was in there.
    They might be long legs…I always thought S=3/8”, L=3/4”, but these were somewhere between.
    Last edited by skydog; 11-22-2020, 03:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

Originally posted by skydog View Post
    So, did SD make a Pearly Gates Antiquity?
    Well, it could be from the Custom Shop. The Antiquity looks like long legs, like it should have. My guess is that the Pearly Gates was put there by the owner...to either throw people off or to remind themselves what was in there.

Leave a comment:

• hamerfan
    replied

Okay, if we narrowed it down to CS Pearlies or Ants.
    Then we have 2 more points: The magnet and gauss reading could help. The Ants should have a dunaged mag and the Pearlies should have standard mag.
    Next question: Why do they use double whites instead of double cream? Are on Ants dbl whites or only vintage correct colors?
    Last edited by hamerfan; 07-11-2020, 10:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• piblock
    replied

Originally posted by skydog View Post
    I agree, but what kinda' nut would do that?
    I do on any pickup not clearly marked lol. But I swap out pickups like it's going out of style...

Leave a comment:

• skydog
    replied

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
    The kinda nut that wants to remember what kind of pickup it is!
    So, did SD make a Pearly Gates Antiquity?

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied

The kinda nut that wants to remember what kind of pickup it is!

Leave a comment:

• skydog
    replied

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
    The printed label could date these to late-'90s or early-'00s. However, the "Pearly Gates" marking was almost certainly put there by the owner, not by SD
    I agree, but what kinda' nut would do that?

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied

The printed label could date these to late-'90s or early-'00s. However, the "Pearly Gates" marking was almost certainly put there by the owner, not by SD

Leave a comment:

• skydog
    replied

Both are probably Duncans. The bridge is an Ant from the end 90ties to beginning 2000. This is the personal sign of the boss himself, Seymour. But we need to see the label on the neck pickup!
    Sorry, I already button'd 'er up! But the Neck label is identical to the Bridge label, except it of course reads, ‘NECK’. Did the factory ever label a pickup by hand with a marker?
    Last edited by skydog; 07-11-2020, 06:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hamerfan
    replied

Definitly not early! The labels were stamped in the beginning, not printed. Seymours sign also changed over the years. And there were not double whites only double cream in the beginning years of the CS.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X