banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another JB thread....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

    I thought Joeís Surfing tones were amazing!
    What was he using at that time, do you know?

    Iím playing through a Splawn Quickrod so yes....high gain. Lol
    I think the iconic Surfing, he used a floyd partscaster with PAF Pros. I think Flying was where he started getting endorsements and the first album with his sig guitar and Fred pickups.

    The Fred and PAF Pro are both great.

    Comment


    • #62
      A JB with more (or, actually, tighter) low end? Wolfetone Timbre Wolfe. Seriously, all of my newer JBs have left the building (I still have a wonderful MJ from the '80s) - the TW can hang with singles and 250K pots but rounds off the JB's rough edges just a bit.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Top-L View Post

        I think the iconic Surfing, he used a floyd partscaster with PAF Pros. I think Flying was where he started getting endorsements and the first album with his sig guitar and Fred pickups.

        The Fred and PAF Pro are both great.
        Half of the tone for "Surfing" is the Eventide anyway.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by eaeolian View Post
          A JB with more (or, actually, tighter) low end? Wolfetone Timbre Wolfe. Seriously, all of my newer JBs have left the building (I still have a wonderful MJ from the '80s) - the TW can hang with singles and 250K pots but rounds off the JB's rough edges just a bit.
          Sounded great in the video I just watched.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

            Sounded great in the video I just watched.
            I have a couple of them. Really flexible and sounds great split, too.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by eaeolian View Post

              I have a couple of them. Really flexible and sounds great split, too.
              He has a 25% off sale going on right now too.
              I was hoping to find a good match with some of the pickups I currently have on hand but this one looks like a solid option.
              Thanks!

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

                He has a 25% off sale going on right now too.
                I was hoping to find a good match with some of the pickups I currently have on hand but this one looks like a solid option.
                Thanks!
                Yeah, that sale makes them ridiculously affordable, for "boutique" pickups.

                Comment


                • #68
                  I mag swapped a RC A8 in the JB and it is quite an improvement, Iíve got to say.
                  Fat, thick warm-ish(compared to stock) and it still has all of those beautiful harmonic overtones with single note lines.
                  Iím quite impressed so far.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    See?! Told ya! (back in post #4)

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      (null)
                      Yeah, you did...
                      Ha!
                      I owe you a thank you, sir....

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X