banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best option for quick swap/test of pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best option for quick swap/test of pickups?

I went to my local electronics store yesterday looking for a wiring terminal like BeauBrummels showed, but they didn't carry anything like that. However, they had have the below, which - per the packaging -appears to be a new type of product. It's not cheap - $10 for 8 of them - so I needed to buy 2 to have enough for two 4 conductor pickups. However, the really small footprint and potential ease in making connections and disconnections, will be worth it in my mind if they perform as expected. I am doing a wiring job today where I will be trying these out. Will report back how well or not they perform in actuality.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

That’s interesting. I wonder what the resistance/capacitance of it will be?

I’ve been looking at EMGs and their latest solderless systems. Wow, they have some very clever solderless stuff. Even the passive header connector is cool, if you could do baseplates to convert other passives to that header style you could swap pickups very quickly.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
        I went to my local electronics store yesterday looking for a wiring terminal like BeauBrummels showed, but they didn't carry anything like that. However, they had have the below, which - per the packaging -appears to be a new type of product. It's not cheap - $10 for 8 of them - so I needed to buy 2 to have enough for two 4 conductor pickups. However, the really small footprint and potential ease in making connections and disconnections, will be worth it in my mind if they perform as expected. I am doing a wiring job today where I will be trying these out. Will report back how well or not they perform in actuality.

Just wanted to report back in after trying out these "Lock It" connectors over the last couple days. I have found them relatively easy to take on and off, and I don't hear any issues with the fidelity of the audio signal from using them. The particular model I chose says it can handle a gauge as small as 26, and it is doing a fine job with the thin lead wires on a couple Dimarzio stacked singlecoils that I assume are about size 26 or 28. So, thumbs up here.

Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Cool, thanks!
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            Cool, thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X