3 way switch wires - Which to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 way switch wires - Which to use?

Hello wonderful pickup people. I hope everyone had a good week.

I'm currently installing some EMGs into an LTD EC1008 and have come to a road block. It had aftermarket Duncans in it before but they were barely rigged into the pickup rings (not the right size) and unable to make adjustments. I called SD this week and they are unable to sell me the pickup rings I would have needed.

To get to my point: I'm wondering how I'm supposed to utilize the 3 way switch wires.

Firstly there is only a bridge, neck, and what I assume is the output cable despite all of EMGs diagrams and videos showing a ground wire from the switch. There is an additional black wire that looks like it is probably soldered somewhere in the Evertune cavity that I assume is the ground. Picture attached. It was also my understanding that actives (besides Fishman) don't need any kind of grounding.

Second, the switch cables all contain 'two' cables inside, exposed wire and one shielded with white. Do I need to strip the white, splice them together and put both in the bus? Picture will be attached.

As of now I seem to have both of the pickups themselves wired properly but both are on at all times so clearly I've botched the switch wiring.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated
    Attached Files

Re: 3 way switch wires - Which to use?

Not sure what you mean by the 'switch' wires.

Maybe you better tell us what controls you have, and what your pickup selector is. The maybe a pic of the pickup wires.....as in the connection wire coming from the pickup(s).

Comment

I'm sorry that my wording is poor.

By switch wires I meant the pickup selector wires. The one in question is a three way toggle switch.

Comment

The picture uploader seems quite finicky
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry about the picture uploader...we will be upgrading the forum software soon, and that should finally be fixed.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
          X