Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 4-conductor meter reading issues.

Originally posted by dani View Post
    let’s say it’s a fake, how should i present a watertight case to ebay where everything points to a legit seymour duncan pickup except the dcr and wire colour?
    Isn't that enough?!!

Just include a photo of the meter attached to the pup (unsoldered and out of the guitar) showing the 13.98k reading. That is proof enough that it is NOT an SD Jazz. The wire colors is just frosting on the cake.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

In your picture, the slug poles appear to be ground and polished flat. A quick look at my guitars with Duncans, the poles have circular marks left over from the lathe/screw machine.

It’s just one more thing that makes me think it’s counterfeit.

Comment

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...THAT IS A FAKE!

This is exactly what my threads regarding the new counterfeits were discussing and attempting to show!

Some tell-tale signs that this is a FAKE:
        • Wrong slug poles
        • Wrong screw poles
        • Rounded corners on the mounting tabs
        • Flange where mounting screws thread through (possibly even a non-standard screw size)
        • Incorrect wiring/DCR

...the list goes on.

You can't trust that a pickup bought outside of an authorized dealer is real, even if it comes in a proper box because, as I showed previously, they are counterfeiting the packaging also!

The JB, Jazz, '59, etc. are all known to be affected at this point, and those are just the ones I have proof of myself.

Sorry, mang, your "Jazz" is as fake as they come. Pretty impressive, though, isn't it?
        Last edited by Masta' C; 07-20-2020, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Fakes are becoming a very big problem. Authorized dealers, unless you are buying from someone you really trust (a friend). People are always looking for a deal, though, and (not saying it is this case), even saving $20 might be worth the chance for some people.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

that's a damn good fake. had to say I'm impressed. contacted the seller and he agreed to a refund. eBay was also notified. lesson learnt.
            the mind is willing, but the flesh is weak...

Comment

The things that you wanted
              I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
              X