Dynasonic Jaguar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasonic Jaguar?

Hello! I recently snagged a daphne blue Squier Jaguar, and its a pretty sweet lil instrument. But alas, I am never happy with anything stock, so I have a question for you all!

So, has anyone had any experience with these Dearmond Dynasonics sold on the Guild website?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Dyna.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	5854770

Would these pickups sound good in a solid body Jag? Would they work with the 1 meg pots found in a Jaguar, or would I be better to go ahead and put in 500k pots to go along with the new pickups?

Re: Dynasonic Jaguar?

i would think they would be really bright with 1meg pots but every ones taste is different. i assume those are made like the old ones? the were pretty deep so id check to see if youll need to rout the body

Comment

Oh I would definitely need to route the body, and make a custom pickguard. And I'm guessing they would be pretty bright, I should opt for 500k pots?

Has anyone tried dynasonics in a solid body like this?

I'll post pictures when I get it put together!

Comment

you can try em with the stock pots if ya want, then switch after if you find them too bright. id start with 500k personally though since i almost never get along with 1meg pots, especially with a bright pup

Comment

They are usually good sounding pickups, but they aren't hot. Their focus is more on the definition and clarity between strings, and a sweetly chiming clean sound (think Chet Atkins on a Gretsch). In an older interview, Eric Johnson remarked that he really thought they sounded great for recording. I think they screw onto the surface of most flat guitars. Obviously, pickguards will be needed if there is a lot of routing.
          aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I didn't know those were still being made. If those are made like the originals, they are pretty complex inside and that price is very reasonable.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Lollar or Fralin makes excellent repros....
              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Working...
              X