banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Epiphone Wildkat- wired for P90s in "dogear covers"- can I place EMG P90'究 in it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Epiphone Wildkat- wired for P90s in "dogear covers"- can I place EMG P90'究 in it

Well...

The holes made in my guitars KOA top- just makes space for the P90's- that are soldered onto the metal "gold covered" covers-

That brought me ALOT of trouble, with feedback/microphonics- tried to fix it with applying silicone. Destroyed the neck PU when the soldering iron fell out of my hand, into the pickup windings...)

so...

I'm wondering if a EMG P90 set will fit... if I just make fit for the "mounting screws" :o...

Wanting something really functional, non-microphonic- whatever- in my ONE AND ONLY guitar.

Thanks

-Erlend
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Re: My Epiphone Wildkat- wired for P90s in "dogear covers"- can I place EMG P90'究 i

The Wildkats has dogeared pickups, right (EDIT: Well d'oh, it's right there in the thread title)? It doesn't look like the EMGs are available with those. Perhaps they could be soldered or otherwise fit onto the gold covers, but I wouldn't bet on it.
    Last edited by Sirion; 07-23-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Re: My Epiphone Wildkat- wired for P90s in "dogear covers"- can I place EMG P90'究 i

Not to mention that mixing actives and passives adds considerable complexity to a rig.

Comment

okay. thanks. Just "thinking loudly"

\m/

-Erl
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Working...
        X