Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the demon like for single note sustain

I'm looking for a pickup that has great sustain without the distortion
    I'm thinking cool rails or the screamin demon ,any ideas.
    I've got an american deluxe strat with maple neck.
    Yet I like the single coil look.
    Thanx for any input!

Re: Whats the demon like for single note sustain

I dont know much about the screamin demon, so ill give this a bump and someone should be able to answer it if you still havent found an answer.

But ive heard that the demons have less immediate distortion than others like the JB and such. But you could also maybe try something like a 59, or lil59, which may have what you're after. Even perhaps some true single coils like the custom staggered/flat for strat or the quarter pounder are a little hotter and are supposed to have increased sustain. The JBJr. would be a great one to try, i have a JBJr. in the neck of an alder guitar and the cleans with it are just lovely and thick with plenty of sustain, im using it currently for some jazz playing and it sounds great!
    My Soundclick page.

Comment

I haven't really paid a lot of attention to the sustain with my Demon. However, I do know that it's a medium output pup, and you'll need to goose it some with gain or a pedal in front if you're looking to get it to "scream." At least that has been my experience.

-Matt
      Originally posted by Scott_F
      On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

if you are looking for immaculate clean notes, the Demon does not profess in this manifestation, it thrives on gain.
        Psychic Horns

Comment

Sustain is a gain based characteristic (in part--guitar mass and density do fall into play as well, which is not to say that more is better, but they do play a part), so if your amp has enough gain (compressors help there), there's no reason you couldn't get plenty of sustain out of a demon.
          www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

I can only speak for it in my RG, it was very lifeless i did not find anything specail or unique about the demon
            right now i am checkin into the customs mainly the C 5

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
              Sustain comes from the guitar, not the pup. It is all about resonance which keeps the string vibrating. If you have a poor resonance guitar, no pup will make it sustain. The pup is to the guitar what a mike is to a singer. When a singer runs out of puff - the sound stops. Same with a guitar.

Lee
              This is true, but gain certainly helps the sustain. I just completed a song that has lots of gainy guitars, and the M1 Tiger has great sustain to begin with. The Demon will certainly not break apart with lots of gain, and in a guitar with decent sustain, you will get some serious screamin' in!!

The song is up at http://twilightsongsunchain.tripod.com
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
              X