Best way to wire a guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to wire a guitar?

I recently picked up a used axe that had wires that connect the pots and switch gear and there is a wire that goes accross the top of this mess and the pickups wire to this. Kinda handy for quick pup changes.

Wouldnt it be better to wire straight to the lugs on the pots with the pups?

Also, my Epi Lp had a wire that connected the volume pot for each pickup to the tone pot for each pickup and the the cap wired to one lug and the back of the tone control.
    The Gibson schematic has the cap as the only connection to the tone control and the other leg goes to the volume.
    What is better??
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Best way to wire a guitar?

Originally posted by BloodRose
    Also, my Epi Lp had a wire that connected the volume pot for each pickup to the tone pot for each pickup and the the cap wired to one lug and the back of the tone control.
    The Gibson schematic has the cap as the only connection to the tone control and the other leg goes to the volume.
    What is better??
    neither is better than the another, they do the exact same thing

Comment

Re: Best way to wire a guitar?

Thanks!
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
      X