banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just replaced my Dimarzios with 3 Duncans and......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just replaced my Dimarzios with 3 Duncans and......

congrats on the pup swap ... glad to see a fellow ibanez "S" player taking the axe to the next level of tone !!

cheers,
    t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by edi_87
      Xeromus, how about distorted cool rails? is it better than a lil 59??
      I don't know if I'd say one is better than the other, just different. Cool rails has more bite and sustain, but it IS a smooth pickup, I do like how there's no volume dropoff with string bends too. The lil 59 is a great sounding pickup too, I really like it in the neck. Kind of a warm vintage vibe but it has high output. Robert said above it's a little higher output than the cool rails. The cool rails sound better split than the 59 though. It's really hard for me to describe the differences. Maybe I'll just post up some clips in the next few days.

Comment

I had the CR in the neck position originally, but I prefer it in the mid position. Of course, one of the reasons I changed it was because the HR in the mid sounded too much like the HR in the bridge. Moving it to the neck and the CR to mid gave more tonal variety.
        Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
        https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
        Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

whihc would you say is better at doing fast neck leads?
          lil 59 or cool rails.

Comment

Working...
          X