how much output does the 500T have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much output does the 500T have?

Just wondering if i get a gibson lp classic how much output will the 500T have? Is it comparable to that of the invader? JB? Dirty Fingers? C5?
    Proud Master of Strats.....

Re: how much output does the 500T have?

I have a 500T, that's currently living on the shelf. But it came from my LP Classic.

**** Caveat ***** I'm new to all this pickup re-arranging,

but, to my ears the 500T has more punch than a JB (higher output), and less punch than a Custom. However, for a ceramic pup, I thought that the 500T had some pretty good harmonics going on in my LP Classic. I think the Custom has an overal better, more rounded sound with better lead sound than the 500T. But, The 500T can get pinch harmonics like nobody's business, and I think it's a good solid RnR pup.

The 500T probably doesn't have as much punch as an Invader, but I could do Ozzy and Met-allica with that pup (at least to my ears).

I've never played any Dirty Fingers or the C5, but my opinion would be (in order of increased output)

JB, C5, 500T, Custom, Invader

I left out Dirty Fingers and put in Custom

-Matt
    Originally posted by Scott_F
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

the 5ooT sucks.

I took the stock one out of my Explorer and put in an Invader.

it doesn't sound like the Invader at all- so dont listen if people say it does.

Comment

I would say the 500T is a hair hotter than a Distortion, with more treble and edgieness to it. To be fair its not a bad metal pickup at all. But I wasn't sure why they put something like that in a guitar called a "classic", somewhat oximoronic.

Comment

The 500T is massive. About 16-17K in output. It works best with a 1 Meg Volume Pot (Brightens it up).
          Guitars: 2006 Custom Order VOS '59 Reissue w/ MJ 'Duane PAFs'; 2002 '58 Reissue w/ RS Fralin Neck and Timbucker Bridge; 1989 Clapton Strat with Chubtone '63's; 1994 Tom Dodson Custom Strat with 14 year-old Hot Rails, and Classic Stack; 1991 Tele Plus Deluxe w/ Tremelo and Dually Red-Lace Sensors

Duncan Strat Pickups I've Tried: Hot Rails, 5/2's, Classic Stack, Antiquity I's & AII's, PGn and PGb, '59n and '59b, Standard Custom, Sreamin Deamon, various Antiquities & MJ Custom PAFs.

Comment

hmmm thanks guys, im just wondering if i got me a classic if i would have to change out the pickups, i'd get a studio but id rather save up and buy a classic cuz i love the binding and the slim neck. IM nto sure aboutt he pick ups though, i want mroe of a versatile sound, and more pop rock as oppossed to metal, as i already havea strat with a hot rail and that covers the harsher grounds very well.
            Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

You might have to change out at least the bridge pickup if you wanted to sound like pop rock, but maybe not. I found it to be pretty good for Metal, but not great. It's up there in output, it even distorts on the input stage on some amps. I took out the two side magnets and tamed it down a bit, I'd guess kind of like a Duncan Distortion (just not as well made IMO).
              ScreamingDaisy: I don't do sympathy. If you want sympathy, it can be found in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.

Comment

Originally posted by strat_master
                Just wondering if i get a gibson lp classic how much output will the 500T have? Is it comparable to that of the invader? JB? Dirty Fingers? C5?
                MUD is a word that comes to mind

Comment

Originally posted by strat_master
                  i'd get a studio but id rather save up and buy a classic cuz i love the binding and the slim neck.

Why not just get a standard with the 60's slim neck? Those come with Burstbuckers and would be better suited to pop rock than the peircing 500T.

Comment

Working...
                  X