Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird sound on Low E only!!

hey guys,
    I was playing yesterday with my rig at home and turned it up a bit louder then usual and I noticed the following:

When down picking on the Low E string while palm muting it, the sound sorta sounds lacking and in the "background" of the sound, it has this very little muddy feel to it. But when I do the same to the A string, it sounds totally find, same applies to the rest of the strings.

Could it be the pickup??

I am still using the Epiphone stock pickup. I didnt want to do anything before asking you guys.

thanks,
    Duke
    www.dukeofmetal.tk

Re: Weird sound on Low E only!!

Check that your pickup is a correct height from the strings. If its too close the magnets could be affecting the string vibrations which would cause them to sound crappy, and if its too far away it might just sound too weak or something. But if you havent touched it ever then it probably isnt that.
    My Soundclick page.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Angus
      Check that your pickup is a correct height from the strings. If its too close the magnets could be affecting the string vibrations which would cause them to sound crappy, and if its too far away it might just sound too weak or something. But if you havent touched it ever then it probably isnt that.

This Problem is also know as "Stratitis". If you´re using Hummies, it´s not usually an issue. The string will "rest" on a humbucker before the Magnets will cause problems in most cases

I´ll post more when (and If) I get home
      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

this may not apply to your problem but a few times i have had wierd tones on one or two strings, and it turned out to be defective strings
        i use brand name strings but even they sometimes have a bad strings or two

Comment

Try rolling back the bass on your amp. Whenever I use to much bass the sound gets weird on me and starts to muddy up. And yeah check your pickup height.

Comment

hey guys,
            I raised my pickup on the Low strings end a bit more and the sound is fine now.

I need a new pickup anyways.

Regarding reducing the bass. I don think I use too much bass, but just enough to give it a thud sound but not boomy at all.

Thanks for the help.

Duke
            www.dukeofmetal.tk

Comment

Originally posted by Duke of Metal
              hey guys,
              I raised my pickup on the Low strings end a bit more and the sound is fine now.

I need a new pickup anyways.

Regarding reducing the bass. I don think I use too much bass, but just enough to give it a thud sound but not boomy at all.

Thanks for the help.

Duke
              RAISING the Pickup solved it?? Definitely NOT Stratitis
              Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
                RAISING the Pickup solved it?? Definitely NOT Stratitis
                hey Zerberus,
                What does Stratitis mean?

thanks,
                Duke
                www.dukeofmetal.tk

Comment

Working...
                X