Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SH 12 or TB 12 for a wolfgang????

Hi there!!!!
    Does anybody know the right size for a wolfgang? is the screamin' demon a sh12 or tb 12 fit to a wolfgang? A screamin' demon and a wolfgang special are they a good match?? Anybody owns a guitar with this setup??? Does it sound good cuz I hate the stock peavey pickups!!! they are just too mushy no defenition at all. The only thing that is mildly close to a (new van halen sound not the old one) is the bass.....the mids lack defenition and the treble is way to sparkling (no attack on the tapping front and not enough harmonix).
    Guitars:
    Epiphone Zakk Wylde w/ ZW emg set
    Peavey Wolfgang QT w/ SD scremin' demon in bridge
    Jackson Soloist 3 w/ Jb in bridge
    Ibanez 2570ex vst With tone zone
    2x Ada mp1 preamp
    2x Marshall '68 plexi super lead heads
    Marshall Jcm 800 100 head
    Mesa Boogie triple rectifier head
    Soldano Slo-100 Head
    Combos:
    Marshall Jcm 2000 tsl 602 tube amp

Re: SH 12 or TB 12 for a wolfgang????

Originally posted by LyMob
    Hi there!!!!
    I hate the stock peavey pickups!!! they are just too mushy no defenition at all. The only thing that is mildly close to a (new van halen sound not the old one) is the bass.....the mids lack defenition and the treble is way to sparkling (no attack on the tapping front and not enough harmonix).

DUDE its your amp then! here is a guy with a stock wolfgang!

Thank you for your interest in Guitars101.com. A forum community dedicated to guitar owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about collections, displays, models, styles, amps, modifications, kits, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

sounds like VH to me

I am putting in a set of wolfgangs in my guitar just for the oppsite reasons you posted,they do have definition,harmonics, attack
    Last edited by RG 2570; 04-16-2004, 09:37 AM.

Comment

I use a Screamin' Demon for bridge and an APH-1 for neck.
      While I also like the Wolfgangs stock pickups, I wanted something else in my Wolfgang, my strat benefits from my Wolfgang pickups(made a hybrid out of both creambobbins).
      But I think I will go for a even more Vintage bridge pickup and team my APH-1 with an EVH or an APH-1, maybe a Seth, since they sound fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
        I use a Screamin' Demon for bridge and an APH-1 for neck.
        While I also like the Wolfgangs stock pickups, I wanted something else in my Wolfgang, my strat benefits from my Wolfgang pickups(made a hybrid out of both creambobbins).
        But I think I will go for a even more Vintage bridge pickup and team my APH-1 with an EVH or an APH-1, maybe a Seth, since they sound fantastic.
        thats cool that you lie the wolf pups but just wanted something different, the thread starters description of the wolfies was not very accurate though i think it was the amp or something else ?

Comment

Yeah those pickups are great rock pu's.
          Never understood the disliking of them....anyways I have a few clips using a Screamin' Demon down in tips and clips.

Comment

If the Wolfgang has a Floyd Rose bridge on it, you'll need the trembucker version. If it's a stoptail, the standard spaced humbucker is what you want. I would look at your amp, as others have suggested. I didn't necessarily like the Wolfgang pickups either, but they are most definitely not mushy or undefined.

Ryan
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Nope no trembucker is needed, wolfs are not spaced like a Fender.

Comment

Working...
              X