Emg 60 = ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emg 60 = ???

What exactly is the passive equivalent of the EMG 60 active pup? And who makes it? I can only pray its SD lol
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Re: Emg 60 = ???

There really isn't a passive equivalent to the EMG-60. The closest I know of is the Duncan Jazz.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust
      There really isn't a passive equivalent to the EMG-60. The closest I know of is the Duncan Jazz.
      neck or bridge? i've wondered about this as well

Comment

Having used several of both, I think the EMG 60 closest resembles the Jazz.

Comment

You know you can mix passive/active pickups if you have independent tone/volume controls for the 2 pickups. I just don't see a point in looking for the "criteria X equivalent" of any sort of pickup when it's possible to get the original pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by wasteofo2
            You know you can mix passive/active pickups if you have independent tone/volume controls for the 2 pickups. I just don't see a point in looking for the "criteria X equivalent" of any sort of pickup when it's possible to get the original pickup.
            but when you select the passive pickup you have to patch the bridge ground wire in, cause it can't be used with active pups

Comment

Working...
            X