cap value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cap value?

If I want to warm up my bridge pickup a little, do I have to increase or decrease the value of my capacitor? I think the one in there is .022uf.
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Re: cap value?

well, I beleive the higher the number the less highs. so, I'd say probably,

Comment

Originally posted by korovamilkdud
      If I want to warm up my bridge pickup a little, do I have to increase or decrease the value of my capacitor? I think the one in there is .022uf.
      Increasing your cap value shunts your highs to ground quicker...This also has an effect on how soon your tone control rolls dark as you tone down towards 0...It also has an effect on the tone control even though the tone control is on 10 unless you have a No Load tone pot in place...

So answering your question...Go bigger on your cap value..

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Kewlies. Do you think .047 will make a significant difference?
        Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
        Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
        Originally posted by Sosomething
        "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

I have .015 caps in my LP Standard and I can get the same tone pot response as a vintage burst. I no longer have to turn the tone all the way down to notice a difference.
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
          X