Who plays with DDs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who plays with DDs?

Question for you Distortion players. What do you think of the cleans? Are they clear, warm?

I have a 59b right now, and it's a bit harsh I think. I never noticed it right away, it took me a while.

I'm going to try changing my caps first, but if that doesn't work, can I get nice cleans to go with the output of the Distortion. I may be able to use the series/split option later on.
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Re: Who plays with DDs?

if you find the 59 harsh, then, i think, you will definitely find the DD harsh.
    it's alot hotter than the 59, alot!

you could try it though, then you got the exchange policy. :/

Comment

I love the distortion personally, always have, even like the cleans, I even like it in the neck. just suits my ears I guess.

Comment

That seems weird that your 59 is harsh. That's one of the purest pickups out there.

I like the clean sound of the distortion. It's a little edgy, not real warm, but it has a nice jangle to it.
        My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Got a DD in my Flying V. Not harsh at all and nice under distortion but the cleans are not really nice. Hard to get a real clean sound with that pickup since it's not far from the strings. I think that's this pickup has simply not been made for that. Don't hope to use it for nice funky or reggae stuff. I there are better picks for that.

Comment

I don't know if it's really harsh, but there is something in it's brightness that just doesn't really do it for me anymore. I've thought about the Seth or the PG.
            Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
            Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
            Originally posted by Sosomething
            "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

I recently switched a JB in my LP because I thought it was too bright and not enough bottom-end. I ended up putting a DD in it as an experiment, and low and behold, it sounded AWESOME! I compared it to my Epi LP with a JB in it(which was the sound I was after), and the DD brought my closer to that the the original JB in it. I love the way it sounds in my LP. I also keep the same setting on my amp, so I wanted something that would sound great without having to change the settings. I was also impressed with the way the DD sounded clean, much fuller than the JB(sounded thin).

Cheers Primo.
              GEAR: 2008 Gibson Les Paul Custom(ebony) w/ C8 & PGn, 2012 Gibson LP Classic Custom(cream)w/ C8 & SD APII , '95 Epi LP Gold Top w/ JB & '59, '97 Fender Am Std Strat(Black) w/SD aps-1, '84 Profile Strat(Black), '06 Black Epiphone Korina Flying V w/EMG's, '04 Epiphone Dot w/JB & Jazz, Squier 50's Vibe Telecaster butterscotch blonde w/SD Hot Rail bridge, Marshall JVM410Head & Marshall TV4X12 cab w/V30's, Marshall DSL40C 1X12 combo, VOX AC30CC 2X12 combo.

Comment

Working...
              X