X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• primo
    replied
    Re: Who plays with DDs?

I recently switched a JB in my LP because I thought it was too bright and not enough bottom-end. I ended up putting a DD in it as an experiment, and low and behold, it sounded AWESOME! I compared it to my Epi LP with a JB in it(which was the sound I was after), and the DD brought my closer to that the the original JB in it. I love the way it sounds in my LP. I also keep the same setting on my amp, so I wanted something that would sound great without having to change the settings. I was also impressed with the way the DD sounded clean, much fuller than the JB(sounded thin).

Cheers Primo.

Leave a comment:

• korovamilkdud
    replied

I don't know if it's really harsh, but there is something in it's brightness that just doesn't really do it for me anymore. I've thought about the Seth or the PG.

Leave a comment:

• crompf
    replied

Got a DD in my Flying V. Not harsh at all and nice under distortion but the cleans are not really nice. Hard to get a real clean sound with that pickup since it's not far from the strings. I think that's this pickup has simply not been made for that. Don't hope to use it for nice funky or reggae stuff. I there are better picks for that.

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied

That seems weird that your 59 is harsh. That's one of the purest pickups out there.

I like the clean sound of the distortion. It's a little edgy, not real warm, but it has a nice jangle to it.

Leave a comment:

• Xeromus
    replied

I love the distortion personally, always have, even like the cleans, I even like it in the neck. just suits my ears I guess.

Leave a comment:

• \m/(00)\m/
    replied

if you find the 59 harsh, then, i think, you will definitely find the DD harsh.
    it's alot hotter than the 59, alot!

you could try it though, then you got the exchange policy. :/

Leave a comment:

• korovamilkdud
    started a topic Who plays with DDs?

Who plays with DDs?

Question for you Distortion players. What do you think of the cleans? Are they clear, warm?

I have a 59b right now, and it's a bit harsh I think. I never noticed it right away, it took me a while.

I'm going to try changing my caps first, but if that doesn't work, can I get nice cleans to go with the output of the Distortion. I may be able to use the series/split option later on.
Working...
X