Triumph - Rik Emmett tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph - Rik Emmett tone

Hey dose anyone have any info on what kind of pups Rik Emmett used while he was with Triumph ? Any help would be great, thanks.
    2 Jacksons DD & JB, Carvin, Planet Waves, GHS, Dunlop, Kepur, Mogami, Grover

Re: Triumph - Rik Emmett tone

From what I remember from articles in which he was featured, he was playing Framus hollowbodies at the beginning, but switched to Yamaha guitars in the early 80's, and I remember seeing him using Dean's during part of that as well. As far as I could tell, he seemed to play instruments that just sounded good as a total package and didn't spend a lot of time replacing parts. He has great tone on those recordings, doesn't he?
    www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

The best tone ever. Out of all the guitar players i really dig Rik by far is my favorite. Iv never herd someone play with so much heart and feeling, truely one of the forgotton greats of the 80s Rock/Metal scene.
      2 Jacksons DD & JB, Carvin, Planet Waves, GHS, Dunlop, Kepur, Mogami, Grover

Comment

to get the rik emmet tone, one must own one of every guitar and amp ever made

i remember an articel he wrote for guitar player back in the 80s (when he had his monthly column with them) that made a 'basic' list of guitars that should be in a collection if the player was going for versatility / etc ... the list went on and on and on for many column-inches ... the total cost had to be in the tens of thousands of US dollars

made me laugh then and made me laugh now remembering it

go for your own tone!!

cheers,
        t4d
        gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

If I remember correctly... he used the Duncan Custom
          GMP Guitars RULE!

Comment

No info on pickups. I think Hellion is correct. He played guitars as he received them without alot of tinkering (unlike some of us). Here's his website:

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
            https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
            Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Hehe he had great little things going on at GP back then...loved his enthusiasm and positive look on things, and how he was so humble because he was so good

Comment

Working...
              X