Bass humbuckers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass humbuckers?

I got an Ibanez SR765 a few weeks ago and the bridge pickup's too harsh for my liking, do SD make any humbuckers for bass? I havn't seen any. I'm looking for one that's warm and punchy with a full mid range, like Nick Olivieri's P-bass or Flea's tone.

Re: Bass humbuckers?

I went over to the Ibanez site and there was no reference to the SR 765 that I could find so I'm not sure what type of pickup is in the bridge of that guitar. If you could describe the bridge pickup or post a picture from somewhere on the internet, it would be helpful.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

It's not part of this years catalogue, the pickup's a DX-N5 calibrated for the bridge position. It's 10.6cm long by 4cm wide, similiar in looks to an EMG.

Comment

Is that an active bass? Those look very simular to the pickups in my bass players Yamaha 5 string and I have been having a hard time finding a passive pickup that matches the size and mounting requirements. It may be possible to get that pickup rewound to a spec more to your liking but I'm not really up on what can be done by the SD company in regards to working other makers active pickups. The tone of active pickups is created as much by the active preamp as it is by the magnet and wind type.

I'll forward this post to the folks at SD and see what they think, as I am curious about this as well.
        www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
        www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
        http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Oh yeah sorry I forgot to add it's an active bass, does SD make electronic kits for the pre-amp?

Comment

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Comment

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

you'd have to check the dimensions to be for sure though.

Comment

Working...
              X