Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Designed humbucker question

Hi,

one of my guitars is fitted with 2 Duncan Designed HB-7 pickups. Looking through the main website, it says that these are seven string versions of the HB-102 set. It also says that the HB-102 set was modelled after the Jazz neck/JB bridge combination.

So am I correct in thinking my guitar is fitted with the Duncan Designed approximation to a 7-string Jazz neck and a 7-string JB bridge?

Re: Duncan Designed humbucker question

No, the information on the Duncan website is totally misleading and you in reality have an Invader and a Stag-mag

J/K, you´re on thh money. Although I must say, "real" duncans still sound better, I´ve seen people switch a HB102-set they didn´t really love for a JB/Jazz set and suddenly the axe came to life
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
      No, the information on the Duncan website is totally misleading and you in reality have an Invader and a Stag-mag

J/K, you´re on thh money. Although I must say, "real" duncans still sound better, I´ve seen people switch a HB102-set they didn´t really love for a JB/Jazz set and suddenly the axe came to life
      You actually had me going for a moment there when I read that first line

The reason I ask is because I am going to change them out (I posted this elsewhere), and I just wondered what exactly it was I'd already got.

Funny thing is, I was looking at getting a Jazz/JB combination (maybe a custom instead of the JB), so my ears must be vaguely consistent at least

Comment

Lol, he had me there for a bit aswell!
        Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
        Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
        Korg AX1500G multi-fx
        RAT
        Boss PH-1r
        Ibanez cf-7
        Ibanwz ts-7
        Danelectro tremolo
        Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

Working...
        X