Jaguar replacement PUPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaguar replacement PUPS

Hey, I have a Jaguar RI that's having some *major* microphonic feedback issues. It's one of those domestically-made Japanese ones, so it's much better quality-wise than the japanese ones you find here in north america, but not quite as nice as the new american RI's.

Anyway, I need to be able to play it with generous amounts of gain, and it just can't take it right now. I'm thinking of getting some SD Jaguar replacement pickups, but, to avoid the feedback issue and address the 60 Hz hum at the same time, I figure I might get some noiseless strat pickups. So here's my question: would SD noiseless strat pickups or Kinmans fit the pickup routs and pickguard of my jag? Would it be at all possible to fit one of those pickups into the "claw" of the jag, or would I just have to get a hotter strat pickup and forego the whole jag "claw" thing?

I love jags, but I'm wondering if the slight tonal difference between a jag pickup and a hot strat pickup is worth dealing with feedback and 60 cycle hum.

Help?
Working...
X